Chapter 1

"Challenge is the pathway to engagement and progress in our lives. But not all challenges are created equal. Some challenges make us feel alive, engaged, connected, and fulfilled. Others simply overwhelm us. Knowing the difference as you set bigger and bolder challenges for yourself is critical to your sanity, success, and satisfaction."
- Brendon Burchard
---------------------------------------------
Blair's pov

Blair held Serena's hand as she waited for the results. They sat on her bed stiffly and silently. The indicator would decide if she was pregnant or not, therefor changing her whole entire life. The instructions read that it would take about five minutes for the results to show up, but it seemed like an hour to Blair. It was excruciating waiting and even more excruciating thinking about even being pregnant.

"B...the results are in," Serena finally said.

Blair's heart sank and she had trouble breathing. She could not believe that this was happening.

"Can you please look at the test for me?" Blair said. She never sounded so helpless and pathetic. Blair liked to be in control - which meant she hated not knowing what was going to happen.

"B, are you sure? I think that this is something that you should do on your own. But if you insi..." Blair cut her best friend off.

"It's okay," Blair said faking a smile. She knew that Serena did not want to be the one to determine the rest of her life.

Blair picked up the test, her hands shaking. She could not believe her eyes. She saw a tiny plus sign indicating that she was pregnant.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit..." Blair kept on repeating to herself quietly, but loud enough for Serena to hear. Her breathing was heavy and she felt like curling up into a little ball and crying. Her mind was racing with thoughts including: How am I going to tell my mom?, Is it Chuck's or Nate's?, What about Yale?, What about my future?, What will Penelope, Katy, and Iz say?, What if gossip girl finds out about this?, ect. Serena gently hugged her and wiped away her warm tears, reassuring her that it was going to be okay.

"B, we have to tell Chuck and Nate." Serena said.

A knot grew in Blair's stomach. She did not have very good options. Nate was not talking to her because of her steamy affair with his best friend. Chuck was not talking to her because she was not the pure, innocent flower that she once was according to him. She knew that Nate would help out with the baby and care for her. But Chuck would completely leave her in the dirt. She was hoping it was Nate's - although there was a better chance of it being Chuck's. She did not want to think about it right now. Her life was a mess. Without Serena she probably would never leave her bed.

"I think I should take a paternity test before freaking them out." Blair said trying to remain calm.

"I think that you should at least warn them ahead of time. I mean it would be hard but it would..." Blair cut Serena off yet again.

"No, I think I should stick to my idea. I mean it is my baby," Blair responded.

"B, you have to consider that paternity tests only work during your second trimester. Do you really think that you will be able to hide it for that long?" Serena said.

"Mhm. Anyways I have to go. Mom is throwing a dinner party with a few of her clients." Blair said trying to avoid the situation.

"Okay B, but you better call me if you need anything. Promise?" Serena asked.

"Promise," Blair replied, faking her smile once again.

A/N: Parts will be about this short and will be updated frequently. Don't worry a lot of chair coming soon ;)