One

I kicked my shoes off at the door, the arch on my feet basically screamed in pain. I froze as I realized Luke was on the phone in his music room, a sneaky smile snuck on my face as I planned to scare him. I cracked the door quietly, seeing him on a phone call.
  His bright smile lit up the room, unaware of my presence as I listened to him speak to whoever. "It's nice hearing from you, haven't heard your voice in so long." My heart clenched at the way he spoke to whoever it was on the phone. I couldn't hear the other side, but I don't know if I want to.
  "Not thought about coming home yet?" His voice sounded sad, I gulped as I slowly turned to walk out of the room. My feet padded fast towards the kitchen.
  It could've not been her right?
  It could've been an old friend that moved away?
  I decided to just go run myself a bath, I popped my head into the music room and let Luke know I was home.
  "I'm running me a bath, feet are hurting."
  He fumbled his phone slightly, his pale blue eyes gazing at me. "Okay baby, be there in a sec." I noted the fact that he still called me baby, it calmed me a small bit. I gave him a queasy smile, letting the door click behind me while I made my way to the fourier and then up the staircase. I allowed my eyes to water at the possibilities of who was on the other end.
  Me and Luke have been together for two months, I wasn't moved all the way into his house but I basically stayed here every night. I really liked Luke, he sings me to sleep,  he listens to how my day was, and he likes being the little spoon sometimes while we watch disney movies.
  It's too early to say that Luke's the one, but Im comfortable with him right now, even if it's temporary.
  I just don't want it to end right now.
  My thoughts were cut short as a warm body made its spot next to me on the side of the tub.
  Luke's face frowned, wiping a tear off my cheek, "What's wrong love?" He rubbed my arm, I shook my head.
  "Bad day at work, and it was so long."
  I work twelve hour shifts at a nursing home called Seaside. I'm an RN, I've only nursed for two years but managed a perfect record and a pretty good pay rate.
  My job is hard, and tiring but it's what I've always wanted to do.
  I'm working towards Nurse Practitioner but slowly.
  "Let's get in the water baby and you can tell me all about it?" I nodded, trying to think of things that happened to hide the fact that I was crying because of him.
  I watched him pull his curls into a lose bun behind him, pulling his clothes off before helping me out of my own, even if I was perfectly capable of doing it myself. He placed his back against the back of the tub and spread his legs apart to invite me to place myself in between.
  "I don't wanna talk about my day, can you tell me about yours?" I felt his chest buzz when he hummed, his rough fingertips skimming the skin on my arms making goosebumps rise to the surface.
  "Well, I woke up late and ate the breakfast you left me, thank you by the way-" He paused to kiss my head, "And then I decided to write some music for a few hours and then Mike wanted to go out for lunch so we got some lunch and a few beers and then I came home and was bored and now here we are." I began dozing off but I don't think Luke minded as he talked to me about something dumb that Ashton did and although curiosity still ate me alive.
I was content with where I was and who I was with.