Two.

-

"Good morning Cal." I stopped my frantic running around Luke's flat to greet the bleach headed boy. He gave me a cheeky smile in return, clicking his eyes back down to his phone. I was called into work due to a girl named Hannah getting sick, which is fine but calling me at 9am and asking me to be there at 10 is kinda hard to do.
"Good morning Cash." Ashton's voice rang through the room, the door clicking shut behind him.
"It's a bit early for all of you isn't it?" I was hopping on one foot, trying to get my shoe on without sitting. Calum grumbled in agreement. I ran to the kitchen to see if my coffee was done but it wasn't yet so I told the boys in the room they could have it when it was done, I was fast walking back to Luke's room when I ran right into his chest.
"Hey baby, slow down you have plenty of time, okay?" I gave him a thankful smile, kissing him back when he leaned down to softly kiss my lips. I grabbed my purse from his room and with a quick goodbye I was on my way.
Without my phone.
I almost cried, turning around in someone's driveway to head back to Luke's. I flew into the driveway, I opened the front door quietly so no one would try and talk to me before I could leave.
I noticed the boys now in the music room, the door cracked the smallest bit so I could hear into the sound proof room. My ears spiked when I heard my name, my phone was now in my hand and I tried to tell myself to just leave but I couldn't. I pressed my ear to the crack, thankful that I was at the door they couldn't see me from.
"I don't know, Cash is just so good in every way, but she's just, she's not her." My body stopped buzzing in frantic and my heart race slowed down instantly, actually I think my heart may have just stopped for a moment. Even if it wasn't possible. I walked slowly to my car, and then I slowly drove to work.
I actually slowly did everything that day, almost as if it'd help anything at all.
I worked two hours overtime just because I didn't want to go home and when I did leave I did not go to Luke's.
How could I?

Hey Lu, if you need my I'll be at my apartment. x

I saw his messages, every one of them but I couldn't answer them, I didn't even want to acknowledge his existence. Or mine.
I haven't cried yet, but I think it was because my body was on shut down mode.
As if I was frozen, like I'd just heard the worst news of my life and I just wanted my mom. I called her and let her know I was on my way, even if it was a fourth five minute drive and it was ten at night my mom still held me and didn't have to ask why.
Eventually Luke stopped texting, I would confront him tomorrow, because for now my heart was hearting and I didn't even know what to do about it.

-

I'm not her.
Who is 'her'?
How do I become 'her'?
I was outside of Luke's front door, my face was pale and hot and I was scared to knock. I had my own key, but I couldn't use it. I didn't feel welcome right now.
Something in me told me to wait it out, maybe I'd become her?
Like maybe if I tried harder it'd be me?
Eventually I pushed my key in the lock and I made my way to the living room. Michael was sat on the couch, a warm smile dropping off his face when he saw me. "You okay?" I laughed, sitting beside him and laying my head back on the cushion.
"Never better. Let Luke know I stopped by."