Chapter Four

Aang's POV

Sokka, Katara, and their brother, Percy shared a loooong, hug. I smiled that they had found the brother that they had thought was dead, and that Katara talked so much about. But there was something about him, that I couldn't put my finger on. He reminded me of when I had gone to the spirit world for the first time, for some reason.

When their hug dispersed, I could tell that a few tears had been shed. "Is mom here too?!" Katara looked around excitedly.

"We got... separated." Percy laughed nervously, trying not to ruin the moment.

"Oh, how'd you end up here?"

"Is everyone else okay? What about dad and gran-gran?" He asked, referring to the Fire Nation raid that had taken him away from his family.

Katara and Sokka's blue eyes saddened as they shared a glance. Sokka trapped him in a bear hug "They're fine, lets just-"

"Percy, now I know your excited, but you should have waited till after the ceremony to go check out the Southern Tribesmen." An old lady came and guided Percy back to where he was sitting before.

"Hey lady! That's our brother that be haven't seen in six year! Can we at least talk to him?" Katara had her hands on her hips. The lady gasped that they had such a close relationship with him.
"No, It's okay! I'll find you tomorrow! Promise!" Percy yelled as he walked away.

"So that's the brother that you keep talking about." I asked as the siblings sat down.

"I really thought I would never see him again." She wiped a tear on her sleeve.

"We both did, Katara, we both did." Sokka had a giant smile on his face.

I didn't want to ruin the moment, so I didn't tell them about how weird his presence was.

——*sponge bob narrator voice* The next day——
Percy POV

I marched around searching for my siblings. It had been hard to contain my excitement the night before, and Pakku had to do something late at night and I didn't get to talk to him about them.

Where are they? I looked up, and saw Katara and the avatar sneaking up on Pakku while he was bending. Of course! She would have needed a master to teach her to bend! I ran as fast as I could to Pakku's training grounds.

But when I got there, Katara was yelling at him?

"-heal I wanna fight!"

" I can see that, but our tribe has customs. Rules."

"Well your rules stink!"

Oh no. Pakku wasn't going to teach her to waterbend cause she was a girl.

"Hey," I finger gunned him. "Pakkuuuuuu, could you maybe, uh, teach her, pretty please?"

"Percy," Katara sounded surprised.

"Percy," Pakku sounded less surprised.

"Oh come on, she's my sisterrrr" I fluttered my eyelashes.

"She's your what?!" That caught his attention.

"My sister! Will you teach now?"

He thought about it for a second before saying, "No."

I sighed. Katara stormed away.

"Well if your not going to teach her, then you won't teach me either!" The avatar followed her, but Katara put a hand on his shoulder and said something, and he reluctantly stayed.

"Come on, Percy, lets just leave."

We walked in silence for awhile until Katara finally said, "So. Can you teach me?"

"Huh?"

"Can you teach me waterbending?"

"Oh, I uh can't. Sorry."

Her eyes narrowed. "Why, is it because I'm a girl?"

"No no no no not that, I'm just not exactly a master."

"Well then teach me what you know! I don't know how long you've been here, but everyone seems to know you, so you must've been here awhile. Back at home you where always ahead of everyone else."

"No Katara, I didn't ever learn to use my waterbending. I didn't want to. Even though I've been here for a year." I wasn't exactly lying. I definitely did want to learn it, but not here. They'd probably think I was a freak because the water just obeyed me. No pushing or pulling needed.

She gave me a meaningful look, probably coming to the same conclusion Pakku had. That jerk. He wouldn't teach my sister that I hadn't seen in years to waterbend because of his stupid tribe customs! I wished he would just go drown himself.

"Oh. I'm... sorry for bringing it up."

"It's fine."