Chapter 3

Chapter 3

~Red~

Finally! After a few centuries, I finally reached my house. I parked my bike, Zendaya, in the garage. I named my bike Zendaya, when I first bought it. I adored that name a lot. If I had a daughter, I would call her Zendaya. But for sure, I would stay single. Or maybe, I would date a fighter? Chuckling at the thought, I went into my house and I was greeted by my furious mom.

She had smokes coming out from her ears. Her face was red, covered by anger. She clenched and un-clenched her fist again and again. I knew I would be dead by now, I was in my running posture, ready to escape. She looked like a volcano, ready to explode.

"RED NIGHTS!!!! WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?! FOR GOD'S SAKE, WILL YOU STOP GOING UNDERGROUND FIGHTING?! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR FIGHTING. NO WAY IN HELL I WOULD FREAKING LET YOU GET INJURED AGAIN." She screamed as I covered my ears. I walked to her and patted her back, trying to calm her down.

My mom can curse like a sailor. She passed that talent to me and I was glad.

"Calm down, calm down, mom. Take a deep breathe. Inhale, exha-" I said as she interrupted me.

"CALM DOWN?! YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN MY DAUGHTER IS INJURED?!" She shouted angrily at me.

"Mom! I'm fine. I'm not injured, your little daughter knows how to fight. I earned double today. It was awesome." I said as I showed her my hands, It had a cut only. I hoped my mom wouldn't find out. She examined my hand and my head carefully as I continued,

"They didn't lay a finger at me." Okay, It was a total lie. I'm good at lying.

"They didn't lay a finger at you? Then, what's this?" She asked as she pointed at my fists. It had blood there. "What's this?" She pointed at my hand, I had a cut at there too. "What's this huh?" She touched my bruised cheeks as I hissed in pain. I got punched by my last opponent. I was caught off guard. Plus, I was extremely tired. Physically tired.

Okay, she caught me. I guess I'm bad at lying.

I had no idea how to tell my mom. I scratched my head in frustration and sighed in defeat. I'll just tell her the truth.

"Okay, mom. You caught me. I really really love underground fight. My hobby is underground fighting, I had no interest in singing, dancing and modeling. I know, you would rather want me to be a model, you always said that only men fight. Please mom, don't be sexist. Who cares about the scars, bruises and cuts? Its just a little blood."

I finished my speech and my cheeks turned into red fresh tomatoes when I told my mom about the modeling part. It was really embarrassing.

~FLASHBACK~

I stripped off my sports bra and wore my bra back. I was searching for my clothes and I couldn't find it. Holy shit! It went missing. I went to my lockers and found my bag. I sighed in relief. It was in my bag. I reached for my T-Shirt and-

BANG!

"Hey Red! What took you so long? I was wondering if you wanna hang out with me for awhile. And the conversation about the modeling, I bet you could be a model and-"

"WHO SAID YOU COULD COME INTO THE GIRL'S LOCKER?! DID YOU EVEN KNOCKED AT THE DOOR?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

It

was

Finn.

My cheeks flushed red in embarrassment. He was actually drinking soda. He was shocked when I shouted at him, he probably haven't looked up yet. He was busy looking at his phone. When he looked up, his mouth was opened. He gaped at me while his soda dropped to the ground and made a 'thud' sound.