ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1

Beep~Beep~Beep

I hear my alarm ring and shut it off, rolling out of bed and stretch. I open my window curtains and take in the lovely scene of the garden outside my home. I yawn and check my phone seeing a notification.

New York trip today!

The bright screen displays and I smile as I walk over to my closet. I grab a simple white and black sports bra, black cargo pants with buckles wrapping around the legs, a pair of high black socks and my black converse.

 I grab a simple white and black sports bra, black cargo pants with buckles wrapping around the legs, a pair of high black socks and my black converse

I grab my suitcase from the front door and head to my local coffee shop, ordering an iced coffee before hailing a taxi, taking me to the airport.

"Good morning, Ibe," I call out, carrying my suitcase and drink as I walk into the airport.

"Good morning, Natsuko," He chuckles. "I hope you got a good nights rest," I smile at him, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Honestly, it took a while to finally fall asleep since I was so excited," I laugh. He smiles and we take a seat, waiting for our gate to be called. "It'll be a nice chance of pace, don't you think," I say, resting my legs on the top of my luggage.

"Yeah," Ibe responds simply and I take another sip. 

"Finally getting out of this old city and heading to New York," I put my drink on the ground and rest my hands behind my head. We sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes before our plane gets called for boarding. I shoot up, causing my suitcase to fall over and Ibe laughs.

"In that much of a rush to get out of Japan, huh," He teases. I stick my tongue out at him and pull my eye before we get on the plane. 

~~~~~

The flight was long. About twenty hours but when we landed I noticed it's still daylight. I rush out of the plane, Ibe laughing trying to catch up with me. We soon meet with a friend of Ibe's and we head towards our destination.

"Wow, It's just like "CSI New York!"" I exclaim as we walk through the terminal, I glance around and giggle. "Just like TV,"

"Stay with us, Natsuko," Ibe warns. We make it to the police station and meet with another person. "Thanks for having us," They shake hands. "I'm Shunichi Ibe,"

"I'm Jenkins," The short man introduces himself and I giggle quietly at the name. "You must've been surprised to hear about Max,"

"Yeah, we came to see him but didn't expect him to be in jail. Thank goodness for Charlie," I look around, taking in my surroundings.

"He and I did go to the Police Academy together," Charlie comments.

"Well, well," I hear Jenkins speak. "Is this your daughter?" I turn my attention to the man walking up to me. "Are you helping your dad out?" He questions and I just chuckle. 

"No sir, I'm his assistant," I smile and he nods. "I'm Natsuko Nagata. 18 years old, a college student," I introduce myself and they look at me taken back. I laugh nervously and rub the back of my neck.