Chapter 21: Until We Talk

*Y/N's P.O.V.*
Adrien is Cat Noir. Adrien Agreste, the sweet schoolboy who wouldn't hurt a fly, is Cat Noir, the flirty superhero that kicks butt almost every single day.

The people I trusted the most were the same person. The two guys I fell for were never two in the first place. They were one person. Are one person. And that person let me believe I was crazy enough to fall in love with two different guys.

The guy who was embarrassed by me changing my shirt was also the person bold enough to trap me against a wall and go in for a kiss. This was the same guy?

Maybe I should be happy right now because now I could love all of him, but I wasn't. I was too shocked because he'd kept such a secret from me. And I couldn't realize it before. Every time I connected Adrien to Cat Noir, I tried everything I could to prove it not true. Gosh, I'm an idiot.

As I was gaining control over my evil alter ego, I could feel my thoughts becoming mine again. However, I was still under Hawk Moth's control. When Adrien cataclysmed my necklace, my evilized self touched him at the same time and demanded,

"Adrien Agreste: Who are you?"

Although I was not longer attached to Hawk Moth, the answer went straight to my brain. It imbedded itself in the form of a memory. Adrien and I's first ever encounter flashed through my mind, answering my desperate need for the truth.

Now Cat Noir was staring at me, horrified that I called him out as Adrien. I knew his secret. The one thing he wanted to keep from me was in my knowledge.

"W-Who?" He asked nervously, trying to act dumb. I frowned.

"Don't do that," I warned. My angry tears were threatening to fall. "Haven't you learned from what just happened?" I questioned, motioning to everything behind me.

"We can't talk about this right now." Cat Noir helped me up, then turned quickly to jump away. I yanked him by the tail and spun him around.

"Yes, we can!" I yelled, my hand still holding onto him. Cat Noir didn't move, just looked at me angrily for a few seconds.

"No, Y/N." Cat Noir said, raising his voice slightly. He took my hand off of him and held it hesitantly. His face turned into a mix of disappointed, sad, and hurt. With one look at my hand, he let go and left me standing in the street.

"Where is he going?" Ladybug said as she approached me. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Are you okay? I know it's weird after being akumatized. How about I get you home? I doubt you wanna be at school right now.." Ladybug said, trailing off because I was no longer listening.

Adrien can't be mad at me. He was the one who kept a really huge secret. I had every right to be mad at him. And there was no way he could walk away without giving me straight answers.

***

School was out and I knew Adrien would be home by now. I kept calling him and leaving text messages, but he wouldn't respond. This wasn't something he could forget about.

I walked up to his house gate and rang the little buzzer beside it.

"Name, please." A voice said from it.

"Y/N. I need to speak to Adrien." I answered. The voice was quiet for a few seconds.

"Sorry, the person you requested to speak to has a guest. Please, step away from the gate."

"What? No! This is important!" I kicked the gate and tried pulling it open. Who the heck does Adrien have over at a time like this?!