moving on (louis' pov)

twenty | moving on (louis' pov)

ok, so we are going to backtrack a bit, this chapter is going to be like the last one, but in Louis' pov, basically how Louis handles the break-up, if that makes sense.

please watch the videos!!

------
Louis' pov:

Louis missed Harry but he kept replaying his last words over in his head.

"Things changed, Lou"

Things didn't have to change, but they did, and here they were, all alone, in different parts of the country, crying themselves to sleep at night. If only they knew that the other was going through the same pain, they might be together right now.

Knock...knock...knock...

Louis slowly got up and dragged his way to the front door.

"What are you doing here, Niall?" Louis said, rolling his eyes.

Louis tried hiding his pain before with the boys but he was too exhausted to fake it anymore.

"I came to check on you!" Niall said with a smile.

"Why?"

"Because I made a promise!" Niall blurted out, instantly regretting.

"To who?"

"That doesn't matter, how are you?" Niall asked.

"How do you think?" Louis said pointing to himself to make a point.

"May I come in?" Niall says.

"Fine!"

Louis sat on the couch and Niall went to make tea.

--

Niall came back with the tea.

"Lou, what's up with you? I thought you were getting better." Niall said comforting Louis.

"I was hiding it, I didn't want the boys, the fans...or God forbid Harry to see my pain, but it hurts, it hurts so much, Ni," Louis said, breaking into tears burying his face into his hands.

Niall scooted closer and wrapped his arms around Louis.

"Lou, you don't need to hide your pain, it's okay to hurt, we all understand and Harry probably understands more than you think," Niall said.

"Really?" Lou asked lifting his head from his hands.

"Of course, It's okay to show your pain, Lou," Niall said.

"Ni, who did you promise?" Louis asked.

It was silent for a second.

"Um...I promised Harry...He wanted to make sure you wouldn't try to hurt yourself again, he still cares about you, Lou?" Niall said.

Louis broke down in tears again.

"How am I supposed to live my life without him, Niall?"

"Lou, you don't have to"

"He told me he didn't love me, he said we weren't in love, he said we were over. I'm pretty sure I can't get him back now," Louis said.

"Okay, but if I were you, I would fight for him," Niall said.

"Can you just go, Ni?"

"I want to go back to crying,"

"Okay, love you, Lou,"

"Love you too, Ni!"

Louis went to bed early that night, cried himself to sleep again, he was grateful that Niall came to visit but honestly it made him feel worse, the only person he wanted to talk to was Harry.

--

Louis cried himself to sleep every night, the only person who could comfort him was Harry, and he felt selfish because Harry wasn't his anymore.

Louis only left his house to go to the store and visit his family when he was due to, other than that he stayed at home because it reminded him of his Harry.

--

About a year after the break up...

2017:

Louis got a phone call

"Hey, Lottie, what's up?" Louis asked.

"Um nevermind, I shouldn't have called"

"Dot, tell me. What is it?"

"Um...I just ran into someone at the market," Lottie said nervously.

"Who?" Louis asked very curiously.

"Um...Harry"

"I just wanted to tell you, I thought you should know, I don't know, it was probably a stupid idea," Lottie said, rambling"

"Lottie, it's okay, thanks for telling me,"

"Dot?"

"Yeah?"

"How is he?" Louis asked.

"He said he was doing great, but honestly Lou, he didn't look too great to me," Lottie admitted.

"Oh...Thanks for telling me Lotts, talk to ya later?"

"Yeah, bye Lou,"

Louis hung up the phone and sighed.

It's been over a year and Lou still wasn't taking it too well. Every day he wished that he ran after Harry, but he figured that he had probably moved on by now. He had to stop himself every day from driving to Holmes.

Over this past year it has gotten a little bit easier to get through each day, he stopped crying himself to sleep. Niall and the boys came over a lot to check of him and get him out of the house because the house only reminded him more of Harry.

After that phone call, familiar lyrics came to Louis' mind and he couldn't help but tear up.

'Sweet creature

Had another talk about where it's going wrong, but we're still young

We don't know where we're going, but we know where we belong

And oh, we started, two hearts in one home, it's hard when we argue

We're both stubborn, I know...'

Louis didn't realize how much those lyrics would soon mean to him when Harry first sang them to him.

'Wherever I go, you bring me home'

Louis ran upstairs, grabbed a box from the closet, and sat on the floor to look through it. The box had one of Harry's sweatshirts which Louis immediately put on, and it was filled with pictures from all of their adventures, some from high school, some from Paris and Rome, and all their tours. Then Louis found their engagement rings, he wasn't expecting to find those in there, he immediately burst into tears. Louis wiped away his tears and continued to look for what he was originally wanting, there it is.

Louis got up from the floor and sat on his bed, he plugged the flash drive into his laptop and listened to Harry's voice for the first time in a year. Louis cried through the whole song.

When the song ended, Louis played it again, cuddled up in Harry's sweatshirt, and got under the covers to fall asleep.

'When I run out of road, you'll bring me home"

------
thank you guys so much for reading!

it really means the world! I would love it if you shared it with your friends or on social media!

treat people with kindness!

love you all!

M.
------