September 13th

Hey y'all, sorry it's been so long (seems like I'm saying that a lot these days). I don't even have an excuse this time, I'm just ✨𝓁𝒶𝓏𝓎✨

Sarah:

Being able to see the future can be convenient, especially since I can mostly do it on command. I can see what'll be on a test the night before, I can see if I'll actually wear a shirt before I buy it, and in the case of training, I can see what moves somebody does beforehand when I fight them. But when I was little, I would always have forced visions, which aren't pretty. My eyes roll back and I practically become catatonic for about thirty seconds. Those have become a lot rarer since I started getting trained, but the ones that come while I'm asleep have stayed.

Like almost every other morning, I wake up in a cold sweat. I had yet another dream vision, and this one wasn't fun. I'm tied up in a dark room, and I can hear voices but can't quite recognize them, or make out the words. Most people would dismiss this as a normal nightmare, but I know what vision dreams feel like, and that was definitely one of them. I just hope I'm misinterpreting whatever I saw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt and I agreed last week that he'd always pick up the newbies in his neighborhood and I'd do the same for mine. I picked Kimmy up first and the twins last last time. So I decide to do the opposite this week. When I get there, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that someone left the door unlocked for me. I open the door and I see two people sleeping on the couch. It's Damien and... Kimmy? Whatever, that's one less stop for this morning. Damien's leaning against the arm of the couch, like he feel asleep sitting up, and Kimmy's head is resting against his chest. Awwwww.

"Wake up, lovebirds! We have training today!"

They both wake up, slowly realize the position they're in and what I said and practically leap apart. They both start talking at the same time.

"Wait. No, we're not-"

"We weren't-"

"You two don't have to tell me anything," I say, shooting them a wink.

They both turn red and Kimmy stands up.

"I'll go wake up Courtney," she says, leaving the room and walking up the stairs.

Damien looks at me for a second before also going upstairs to presumably get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We get there actually on time this week, since we don't have to stop at Kimmy's, and we even had time for them all to get ready. Matt and his group gets there later, but they're not late either. Nothing interesting really happens in the morning, we switch the groups around a bit so I'm with Shayne and Olivia this time. But today we're all having lunch before Ian sends us home. He orders a pizza. Nice.

We find a big table and chairs in a supply closet and we all sit down. Matt sits down next to me.

"Hey Sarah, you look even worse than usual," he jokes.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny Matthew Raubert," I say sarcastically. "For your information, I had a vision dream last night and I am feeling very tired."

His smile fades. "Oh."

My visions are the only thing Matt will never joke about. Our parents have been friends since they were in high school, and we used to have play dates all the time. When we were like six or seven, we were playing in his backyard and I had a forced vision. It scared the crap out of him. Plus, I used to be epileptic, so he thought I was having a seizure. Apparently he thought I was gonna die. That was the day I found out it wasn't normal to freeze up for half a minute and see what turns out to be the future. So yeah, he gets pretty uncomfortable when I mention forced or dream visions. We continue talking and I see the others are having their own conversations. Kimmy's talking to Olivia, Keith and Noah, while Courtney, Shayne and Damien are trying to convince Ian to tell them what his power is. I'm surprised he hasn't done it yet. He usually loves showing it off.

"Come onnnnnn. Why won't you tell us?"

He shrugs. "Well, are you sure you wanna know?" He asks, smiling.

All three of them say yes.

"Okay fiiiiiine," he says, grinning mischievously.

Nobody seems to notice his expression, though. I mentally prepare myself as Ian points at an empty pizza box. It immediately explodes. Matt and I flinch while everyone reacts a bit more... intensely. Everyone else basically jumps out of their chairs, Keith falls out of his, some people yell. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Courtney grab Shayne's hand. Ian laughs at everyone's reactions and after a few minutes of shock things go back to normal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I end up also taking Olivia home, because Noah and Keith teleported and ran home, respectively, and Matt had work or something, so I decided to be nice to him for once and offer to drive Liv. Shayne is talking to Kimmy and Damien, and Courtney, who's sitting in shotgun, is facing backwards to talk to Olivia. I keep telling her to sit normally but she only does it for a few seconds before facing backwards again. I drop off Olivia first, since she's the most out of the way, and when we get back to our neighborhood, I join in on the conversation they're all having, since I don't need to focus on the road as much. Courtney mentions to Shayne how Kimmy slept over last night and I can't help but say something.

"Ohhhhhh. So THAT'S why you two were cuddled up this morning," I say, looking and Kimmy and Damien through the rear view mirror.

Shayne and Courtney say "Wait, what?" at exactly the same time and Damien and Kimmy both rush to explain themselves. Something about how they were talking last night and fell asleep, and it's probably true that there's nothing going on between them. It's a shame. They'd be really cute together. I drop off the twins and Shayne and they all say goodbye to me and Kimmy as they get out of my car.

"Did you have to mention the me and Damien thing?" She asks, flustered.

"No."

She doesn't say anything else for the rest of the car ride, but she does say thank you when we get to her house. Now that I'm alone, I can't stop thinking about my dream. I haven't had one quite like this before. But it has to be nothing. Right?

So that's all for today! comment if you like it, and have a good day!