Chapter 2

"Oh my God, what are you two doing together?" A voice said. I tried to open my eyes, it was hard, and even more because of the bright sunlight which entered through the left window.

I was going to stretch when I felt quite a lot of weight on my lower body part. I suddenly saw a hairy head, "Ahhhh," I shouted and pushed whatever it was to the floor.

"Ouch!" he complained. "May I ask what was that for?"

"Sorry..." I said shyly.

"Now, may I ask why were you two sleeping so close together?"my dad started with his crazy conclusions.

"We didn't do anything dad."I replied truthfully.

"Honestly we did do something, it was a great experience, thanks bae," he lied and got up. He started going towards the bathroom when he blurted:"By the way, you lost something," he knelt down and got something imaginary from the floor and put it in his pocket, "your virginity."

My dad gave me a look and by the look of it, he really believed it. "Wait, did you really believe that big fat lie he just invented?!"I said unbelievably. "Well Leigh, you're a teenager and the hormones influence your actions so I don't really know what to believe. The only advice I can give you is to be careful and think before you do anything, it wouldn't be very pleasant watching that belly grow before you turn 23 at least."

I laughed. "Don't worry daddy, I haven't done anything silly yet, my virginity is still intact for my ideal guy," I smiled.

"Don't look at me! Nudity alert! I couldn't find a towel!"Ryan yelled.

"Oh my God! Ryan Parsons, go put on some clothes! Now! How do you dare to do that, it's not even your own house!"

"Don't worry Brenda."my dad calmed her down. "The towels are on the top shelf Ryan!"he told him.

***

We were all eating breakfast together. "So Brenda, when am I going to see my dress?"

"Oh yes, we were going to see how well the dresses were done and make the last few changes. So now, after breakfast, both of us will go together and meet yo there with other girls."

"Okay, great plan!"

Brenda and I got dressed and got on the car. The ride to the shop was a bit uncomfortable and quiet. She sometimes asked short, sudden questions to break the ice, however, the conversation didn't flow, not once.

A girl brought us to a room when we got there. In that room there were already several women talking who I supposed they were the other bridesmaids. We greeted each other and started trying on the identical light-blue-coloured dresses.

Mine was a bit big for me, I had never been a big bosomed girl. However, I did like the dress, I loved its length, it's shape, it's colour...I liked every single part of it.

Apparently it was just mine which needed some changes done. For this reason, I had to come back on Monday-two days later.

***

Those two days went by quickly, faster than the wind. Honestly, I was quite desperate to see how it looked like on me. As I hadn't ever gone to a wedding and even less been a bridesmaid, I was quite excited and already started the count down.

Today Brenda was going to take me to see the dress again and try it on. Then we would go to see her dress with the other bridesmaids. "Hey darling, change of plans. I'm ashamed that I can't go with you to see your dress, I've just received a phone call and I have to see the flowers and make sure they are all there. But don't worry, Ryan will take you, won't you Ryan?"se said as her son walked by.

"No,"he replied.

"Yes he will and then we'll meet to see my dress, what do you think?"

"Perfect!"

So, Ryan and I finally got to the shop. It was quite awkward all the way to here as it was silent. Ryan didn't want to talk to me because he obviously didn't want to come. "You know, I had plans with my girlfriend, you ruined them."

Now I was feeling really guilty.

***

It looked perfect on me, I loved it!

"What do you think about it?"I asked Ryan.

He looked at me and ignored me. He had been staring at the floor this whole time. "Okay, I'm sorry you couldn't go with your girlfriend! I am really sorry but you could at least look at me. Well, if you want, go, go and spend time with your girlfriend. I'll be meeting your mother in fifteen minutes or so."

"You know, you remind me of her, my girlfriend. Your eyes are green, just like her's, and your hair colour is identical... Guess what? I'm going to see her, thanks."

***

We spent the afternoon with Brenda's wedding dress. It was fitted at the bodice and flared wider towards the bottom, resembling the letter 'A'.