The man behind the door

The story's narrator is a 13-year-old girl named Clara. Her parents are famous shows producer, so she has a habit of staying alone in the house.

.....

It was a Saturday night, I was sitting alone on the couch watching a movie. My parents are famous show producers. It was the first time I was staying solo in the house. Every time whenever they need to go somewhere for work I always fitted with them. But today, I am alone in the house!! No parents, no one to disturb me. I can do whatever I want. I was so excited!

As I was undergoing this, someone knocked at the main door.

''Whose there?'' I asked.

No reply.

''Whose there?'' I asked again.

Still no reply

Now I was annoyed. I could not take this anymore.

I opened the door.

No one was there.

I didn't mind and started enjoying my movie again.

Again someone knocked at the door.

'' Whose there?'' I asked repeatedly.

Yet no reply.

I went in front of the door but didn't open it.

''Are you joking with me? Why are you continuously ruining my Saturday? Don't you have any other work to do? WHY ARE YOU DISTURBING ME? If I opened the door and see no one is there, then see what I can do!! '' I yelled in annoyance.

First, I put the chain lock of the door then glanced through the door.

A man was wearing ragged clothes with his head down and was holding a knife in his hands. He was very scary.

I was so frightened I quickly closed the door and I was petrified.

Now i couldn't think of anything but about that man. I ran towards the telephone booth and gave a call to my parents.

'' Mom, Dad, please come quick. there is an unknown man outside the house. He is very spooky.'' I said while shrieking.

They understood something was wrong so they said they are coming as soon as possible. They said to me to call the cops.

I quickly dialed 100 and the police came in 10 mins.

After the cops arrived, my parents also arrived.

They hugged me tightly and comforted me.

After 2-3 days of that incident, I got to know that the man behind the door was a serial killer, who kills kids when they are alone.

From the day of that incident, I never stayed alone in the house.

                                                                        ........

Hope you liked the story