Gold Digger

A man stood there by himself—in the middle of a party. He doesn't even remember what the party is all about. Something about a book publishing—or a charity? He doesn't know, and he didn't remember. So far, the only things that he saw were socialites, people that are thirsty of praises for their power and riches.

The tux and dresses they wore, proudly showing their iced-out wrists, golden necklaces—and floral scented perfume that covers all the rotten souls behind them. Well, what do you expect?

The said man's name is Jung Yunho, and he's only attending the party that he was invited in in a five-star hotel.

The party gets even denser as the moon rose higher. Maybe indeed it is, a crazy party, or a party to show people how much you have inside that black card. It's a big showdown, but he doesn't care. He felt loneliness there, even when it's full of people.

He decided to get some fresh air and went to the bar. It was less crowded—less crowded is an understatement, it feels more like a grave. Perfect for rich introverts who wanted a time for themselves.

He went to the bar table, and was greeted warmly by the bartender as he sits down.

"Welcome sir, is there anything you need?" The bartender—Song Mingi asked. The nametag glinted against the light, but Yunho was sure that he'll forget the name after a few shots.

"Anything to recommend? I'm really tired." He said while pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked at his Rolex. He sure is a hypocrite, but at least he wore his Rolex just because his colleague told him to maintain his good image. He was never interested on showing his riches in front of nobodies from the start.

Without waiting, Mingi worked on the drink—he only needed a few minutes to pour the drink into a cube-shaped glass to Yunho. "Enjoy your drink, sir." The bartender has an intoxicating deep voice—and it pretty much made Yunho a little bit dazed.

"Thanks." He answered. He was impressed by the bartender's quick hands, because he doesn't need visually-appealing drinks if a fast one can make him drunk.

Yunho chugged all the drink down his throat, the familiar burning sensation of the alcohol had made him feel alive.

Is it Yunho, or the bar barely has human being there? Or is he irritated seeing the two people making out in the other corner of the bar? Mingi couldn't read the man's face.

"You can tell me, you know. I'm all ears here." The bartender said.

"Excuse me? You don't even fucking know me. You're just a bartender." Yunho scoffs. He indeed is arrogant, even though he's not that popular if you compare him with people that had the same job as him. But well, if he can't bluff in front of them, why not in front of the bartender who looked like he barely has money?

Mingi still smiled sweetly, he has to give the best service.

Especially to the one that caught his eyes and melted his heart.

Yunho got more irritated, and orders a few more cups. He doesn't really like his life, but this night—he wanted to go all out and get wasted. The bartender doesn't move his eyes from him, sometimes smiling when they had eye contact.

After his fifth glass, Yunho doesn't give a damn about the person that's staring him... who was he again? The bartender from before?

He chugged in a few more glasses after that—he's very drunk right now, but he wants more. Something doesn't sit right in Mingi's heart. Even though the bartender had to comply to his costumer's demand, he really wanted to give his attention to Yunho. So he doesn't give anymore glasses.

"Pwease Mr. Bartender~ give me a glass~ pweaaaase~" Yunho did an aegyo, which is very unexpectedly coming from a cold-hearted man like him. To be honest, he's cute, or it is what Mingi's heart said.