Chapter 35: The Upcoming Storm.

*Dracula's Castle*

Miri let out an icy breath, bathing the ballroom in a soft blanket of ice and snow. Creating snowdrops to bloom and rebuilding her winter garden. The very same that she made when she went to cheer up her beloved Adrian. She melted the ice a little so she raised them into the air could freeze them to into beautiful waves.

Once her decorations were in places, Miri knelt and created a spell circle out of her Ice and magic. She picked up several books, some from Dracula's library and the one she snuck out of the Belmont Hold. Even reading her notes to make sure she was doing everything the way it should be. Miri re-read the chant was necessary to activate the spell to see if it was the right one.

Miri let out a relieved sigh. Good. It's all here. Everything is set in place. All she needed to do was to use a drop of her blood, recite the spell and all of her late-night studying and research the past weeks would've been worth it. Hopefully, Alucard would understand.

She put down the books and notes as she looked up at the full moon. Its light shining into the ballroom, adding more beauty to her indoor winter. Miri stood up and walked over to gain a closer look of the moon. Memories of Alucard came flooding to her all at once.

The day they met, fighting beside him, falling in love with him. Dancing together. Laughing. Living together. Miri blushed as she felt her heart swell. The time since they began living together has simply been wonderful. They had so much fun. Being with him, loving him completed her life. The moment she told Alucard she loved him, she knew that he was the only one for her. She loved him like she had never loved anyone before or since.

Which is why she's been afraid.

Miri knew how gentle Alucard's human heart was. She knew he was still hurting. Over the death of his father he caused. His beloved mother. He still blames himself for it no matter how many times he denies it to her. Alucard seems to let go of the guilt he held inside. He was starting to smile and laugh more. But then a thought came to her. What would happen to him if she were to die?

Alucard is a Dhampir. He's able to live on for centuries from here on out. But she's human. She's fated to grow old and die, leaving him all alone. It would destroy him and make him fall into a deep depression and loneliness. Just thinking about was enough to make her cry. Miri couldn't bear to leave all alone him like that.

She's fifteen. She's old enough to marry, lay with him and give birth to as many children as he wanted. Even though Alucard hasn't even mentioned anything about marriage. She didn't know if he wanted to marry her. But regardless of whether he wants to or not, doesn't matter to her. She knows Alucard loved her just as much as she loved him. 

Ever since the night they confessed their feelings, Miri had meant every word she had ever said to him. Hear heart always yearn for him. He was her eternal love. She wanted to be with him forever and ever.

That's why Miri has been searching for a spell to make her immortal. An immortal like him. She'd be able to live as long as he would. She'll age like him. And they'll have thousands of years together. Although she wanted millions if it means they'll be together. Miri knew she's going to have Alucard the truth of her secrets...as well as the...other truth she had uncovered just recently. She has no idea how he'll react but she prayed he wouldn't be angry with her.

Miri looked up at the full moon, grasping her pendant as she made a solemn vow. "My dearest Adrian. This feeling I have, I wish I could freeze. It's deep within and makes me shake at the knees. It's my love for you that keeps going strong, and when you're with me I know nothing can go wrong. My heart for you is like an open book. This heart of mine you finally took. The day came when we did meet, and now our love, it is complete. The One I thank for this happiness so wide, He is our God who dwells inside. He gave you me and he gave me you, and I am so thankful that He is so true. There will be times when we will disagree, but as we grow and explore, we will see. As long as together we bind our hearts, then we can be assured we will never ever part!"