part I

خديجة

خديجة

I hum along to the music in my headphones as I make my way down the halls of my school.

I take in my surroundings and realize how happy some people are and how disappointed and upset the next are.

If I didn't have to be at this school I wouldn't be.

I walk into my class and take a seat, "Salam students! Today we will be taking your final exam on the holy Quran to see if you guys are ready to pass." The teacher says excitedly.

This is the last exam I'll pass then, I'll have no more, I'll be done inshallah...

After I write the last text from the Quran I stand up and pass my paper to my teacher, first to finish, she lets out a dramatic gasp then let's out a little clap.

Mashallah, I passed, I smile then hurry and grab my bag and leave.

As I'm walking outside I see a car pull up that looks like my moms car, it's her so she pulls up in front of me and rolls down the window, "Did you do it?" She asks

"Yes mom of course, now please take me home I'm tired." I beg before I get into the car.

Today my mom didn't wear her usual Niqab, she only wore her Hijab with her expensive sunglasses on that matched with her beautiful black gown that was laced with gold designs.

"Your home or my home with your family?" She asks me in Arabic

"My home please, but wallahi I'll stop by for dinner." I reply back in Arabic since her English isn't the best.

"Tell baba I said hello for me." I said grabbing my bag as I got out, I pulled out my keys then walked towards my apartment door and unlocked it.

"Shit, I forgot I told Riya I'd give her a ride to the dentist." I mumble to myself as I walk in and hang my bag on the hook and put my keys in the bowl then locking my front door.

I take my shoes off then take my Hijab off then head towards the back so I can get into the shower.

I grab my phone and my speaker then head to my bathroom, and turn the water on.

I get out of the shower then dry my body off then apply my coconut lotion on my body, then another coat of coconut oil on my skin and hair.

I put my socks on then my undergarments and the rest of my clothes, I grab my gel and my brush and put my hair in a slick back ponytail.

I then grab my hijab and wrap it around my head. I grab my clothes and put them in the washer then head out of the bathroom after grabbing my phone.

"Ok I got my keys, my phone, my bag..." I trail off then take a final look at my house, "Ok I'm all set." I mumble before locking my door and walking out.

I look up towards the street and see all the usual men sitting outside doing their business and chatting.

I shake my head then go to the back of my building to my car. I toss my bag in the passenger seat then get in and buckle up, I stick the key into the ignition of the 2016 Nissan Altima then the car starts.

I pull out to the front part of the driveway so that I'm in front of the building, I sit there for a sec to see if I have any weed on me.

"Shit..." I mumble, I open my glove compartment and see that I have multiple Backwoods and Black and Milds but no weed to go inside of them. That means I have to asks one of these dudes...

I sit my head against the steering wheel because I don't feel like going over here with this girl sober, she talks so much and I don't think I'll be able to deal with her.

I hear some taps on my window and I shoot my head over in the direction and see one of those dudes came over towards my car. I roll my window down a bit and my nose is hit with the scent of weed.

"Aye, you need sum shorty?" He asks looking me up and down while raising his eyebrow, I observe him and notice that he has his ears pierced, if my mom were here she'd think he was gay.

"Oh yeah actually, how much is it for an...o-ounce?" I shyly ask, "You asking fa some weed!?" He says shocked, "Ohhh shit!" He says then chuckles a bit.

"Usually I charge like $80 but you cute so I'm gone charge you $50." He says before smirking and revealing he has a set of gold teeth at the bottom.

"Alright." I mumble before pulling out my wallet and passing him a $50 bill and a extra $10,

"Let me get yo number so next time I could come to you, no girl looking as good as you should be coming to the weed, the shit should be coming to you!" He says before we both laugh a bit before I unlock my phone and pass it to him.

He passes it back and I see he put his name as "Plug 🍃" I chuckle a bit, "What's your real name?" I boldly ask,
"Girl is you da feds?" He says seriously.

"Why would I be the-"

"My name is Amadi, opp." He says mugging me, "It's you calling ME an opp for me..." I mumble, I noticed his name is Ethiopian, but I'm not sure if he's Muslim.

"Aight Salams habibti, be safe." He says before stepping back, "You're Muslim?" I ask

"Yeah, my whole family is." He says, I smirk, wave, then pull out and head off.

I pull up outside of Riya's husbands building and honk the horn. After what feels like forever I see her bald ass walk out the door.

"Hey girly!" She says to me as she gets in, "I'm so tired sis, me and Rawad were up all night bruh. We watched this movie then we started watching this show together, then some more stuff happened but I'm not about to get into allat..." she says before we both start laughing due to knowing what she meant.

Riya and her husband Imari got married when she was 16, we're both 17 now but Riya will be turning 18 and I won't. Riya is one of my few friends simply because she thinks like me, except her and her husband are more 'modernized' with their relationship.

As muslims we do not show our affection towards our partner in public, but Riya and Imari do not care. But I am no one to judge, I smoke weed but some muslims debate that it's wrong but weed isn't really a drug.

—-
lol