Chapter 8

*Erica's pov*

I have been staring at the pic, lost in track of time as my mind wondered into thousand places failing to stay put in a one place just like my heart that has been beating irregularly with his words echoing on my mind. 'Erica will be my queen!' 

A tired sigh escaped from my mouth marveling over the huge painting hang on middle wall of this huge library, putting the sight of wonderful books aligned neatly on racks all over the walls in shame. I stared at the flames erupting from inside his chest as the demon in the pic stared at the bloodied heart on his grip. No matter how many times I have been hear, I always get lost in the smallest details of that giant painting.  

"Devil's heart!" I heard very familiar yet a irritating voice calling from behind. Normally I would have shrieked getting startle at the sudden voice, but I guess my mind is too tired with the events that took place to even react properly. I slightly turned my head to notice none other than Yoongi standing behind me with a bored look staring at the painting ahead of us.

"It was one of mortal's work and he named it after devil's heart. Jungkook bought it cause it reminds him of how he acts like he is holding his heart on his hand instead of the chest where it's supposed to be. Heartless!" He said in a tone laced with nothing but bitterness. 

"Staring at his own heart, wishing there would be a place within him to keep it! That's what this painting spoke to me about him." I uttered feeling odd as to why I thought it is what the devil wants others to think seeing this painting. There was nothing after my words but silent which bothered me. I turned to see whether the man has left without a word being the grumpy individual he is. To my surprise he was staring right at me with a look I can't figure out and when our gaze met he blinked like trying to chase away whatever that crossed his mind.

A sound of something being placed on the near by round long table which was placed in the middle of the room under a majestic chandelier, caught my attention. I looked at his direction to notice that he was placing a plate full of food on the table with a glass of juice. I didn't notice he was carrying them before.

"You didn't come for the dinner!" He stated while pushing the plate towards my direction and I was surprised to notice that he was doing it carefully not to spill anything and ruin my meal.

"Dinner?" I questioned slightly confused. As much as I am aware they don't differ day and night here. 

"It's always night for me considering this place has been dead for so long without a light!" I commented with a click of his tongue. "Others were worried. Eat!" I was surprised to see that he even bothered in the first place to find me and bring my meal here so I won't starve. Surly someone must have made him do it, but he is so blunt and straightforward to refuse anything regarded to me unless it gives him some kind of amusement to see me struggle. 

"I am not hungry! After everything happened, food is the least concern in my list." I replied without bothering to study his reaction and instead busy my mind with starring at the painting. 

"He didn't mean it!" Suddenly he blurt out catching my attention as I turned once again to give him a look. "Don't think he is falling head over heels for you like in those stupid mortal fictional stories and wishing to make his queen. It's far from that." Okay, whatever I though, love was nowhere near my list. I am not stupid to expect something far more pure like that from the devil. "It was actually the heat of the moment. He likes getting a rile out of heaven and he goes beyond their imaginations to mess with them."

"So you mean he didn't mean what he said?" I questioned narrowing my eyes at him causing the man to shrug unhelpfully. 

"Don't expect him to apologize and take back his words though. He never regrets what he did."