13

She opened her gallery and gazed at the picture they had taken together in Kodai.

Namma mela imbuttu paasam vechirukkaha. Avughala poi thappa nenachitome. Naama angerndhu vandhadhuke kashtapatrukaagha. Paavam rathri muzhichu edhedho panni nammaloda number vaangi, ivlovum pannirukkagha. Idhukkaga Meena kittalam sagajama pesirukkagha..! Kuduthu vechava di nee Mulla!

*ring ring*

A wide grin instantlt crept across her face. Her favourite name appeared on the screen, along with the photo she had already been admiring for around a minute now.

.
.
.

A few minutes ago,

Kathir was returning to PS after a delivering a bulk order to a restaurant. Since last night, it was irking him that he couldn't answer Mullai's question. Although she brushed it off as nothing, he couldn't stop thinking about it. 

Ofcourse he knew telling her that he had already gotten her number but didn't call her first was a bad idea. 

So what could he do to prove that he is also just as eager and interested as her, to talk to her? 

Maybe he could call her now! 

Yes, he could do that!

It has become a routine for them to call each other at night post-dinner before going to sleep. But what if he called her now?

Avaluku ippo koopdalama? Rathri dhan pesanum nu edhavdhu irukka enna? Pesanum nu thonumbodhu pesidalame. Edhavdhu velaiya irundha edukka maata, missed call paathutu apram koopduva. Avlodhane... mathapadi yeppo koopta enna? Unakku pesanum nu irukku la? Phone potru da Kathiru. Adhan sari

*ring ring*

M: Kathiru!

Hello nu solla vandhavaru apdiye off aayitaru oru second

Ennadhu Kathir ah? Iva enna thideernu per solli koopudra.. apdilam solla maatale...

There were traces of happiness and excitement in her voice. But it wasn't complete. There was another element too. But what?

Those 3seconds of silence brought Mullai back to her senses.

ssss aiyo Mulla ennadi panra?

Neither of them knew how to proceed further 

Kathir was firstly taken by surprise that Mullai had addressed him by his name. It wasn't about him liking it or not, but just the fact that she uttered his name all of a sudden was surprising. Hearing his name in her voice agter so long; he felt refreshed! But what made her say that? Was it the same reason why her voice sounded shaky, yet happy?

He was already quite unsure about what he'd talk to her, what he'd tell her if she asked why he called now. And now, it was tougher for him to say anything

Mullai on the other hand was going through a range of emotions. She was nervous, excited, overwhelmed and much more.

She saw the name "Kathir" on her screen and took the call right away without pausing for a moment. Surprising to her too, she blurted out his name, something she hadn't said in over 8months.

K: hello....?

M: hello...!
Soft sniffles, offbeat breathing, he heard them all

K: Ey ennachu? Azhuvuriya?

She wanted to speak. Ofcourse she did! But for some reason the tears that had dried up a few minutes ago (or so she thought), re-formed in her red eyes and streamed down her cheeks.