All As It Should Be

Your P.O.V

"Okay, now close your eyes," Elsa beamed, "And don't cheat!" The excitement in her voice was contagious, making me smile and close my eyes, as I let her lead me to her surprise.

It had been a few weeks since the defeat of Fenrir -as well as the disappearance of Ván- and everything had changed for the better. Elsa and I became inseparable again and after we discussed everything that happened, we promised to talk to each other whenever something troubled us.

On the other hand, those past weeks had been really tough for me; when Hati had tossed me away, two of my ribs had broken. Luckily, everyone was there for me and never grew tired of helping me. Elsa had even stayed in Arendelle for as long as it was needed; she had taken full responsibility of me, especially after Anna told her I hadn't eaten nor slept when she was captured. Elsa had scolded me, somehow softly, and had stayed with me, making sure I ate and cuddling me until I was asleep. She was always there to take care of me and I couldn't be more grateful. Or happier.

At the moment, we were in the Enchanted Forest, for Elsa to finally show me that surprise. My arm was just fine but my ribs weren't fully healed, yet I had been told walking would do me good. Besides, Elsa was always gentle with me.

"Okay, okay, here we are!" the Fifth Spirit stopped walking and squeezed my hand, "You can open your eyes."

I chuckled, opened my eyes and could do nothing but gasp. Ice sculptures of my parents and my younger self glistened in the sunlight, looking like blooming flowers in a garden that led to a glowing ice cabin. Tears blurred my vision as I stared at Elsa's creations,"They're beautiful."

"Really?" Elsa asked anxiously as she fiddled with her fingers. I looked at her as my smile grew wider and she sighed in relief, "Come on, you haven't seen the best part."

"There's more?" I wiped my tears, following her as she approached them. Elsa stood a few meters away and waited for me to approach the sculptures as well. They looked so real... As if they would start moving at any moment.

"You're ready?" the Snow Queen asked sweetly. I gave her a confused look but nodded anyways. Elsa flicked her wrist and the sculpture that was closer to me, glowed and began to move. My breath hitched as I heard my parents' voices and saw them moving, playing with my younger self. My eyes brimmed with tears again as I covered my mouth in shock. I looked at Elsa, gratitude written all over my face, before I walked closer to the ice memory.

When the first memory came to an end, the next I was closer to, began moving. There were ice sculptures of my parents tucking me into bed, my father telling me stories, my mother singing me lullabies. Then there were others, which depicted our walks in the village, our life in the castle when they worked there... There were so many of them. And I relived them all again.

"Sweets dreams, my little guard," my mother said as she was tucking my sleeping young self into bed. My father chuckled and kissed my forehead, "We love you so much, little one," they said in unison before the last memory ended. I touched their faces as tears rolled down my cheeks, before the sculpture faded away, like the others had done as well, when the memory they depicted ended.

I felt Elsa's hand on my shoulder and I turned my head to her, smiling, before I wrapped my arms around her, "Thank you so much for that."

"No need for that," she replied before pulling away, "They would be so proud of you, (Y/N)," she smiled, wiping my tears away.

"You think so?"

Elsa smiled genuinely, "I know so," she winked at me before taking my hand in hers again, "Now come on; ice architecture is waiting for you." I chuckled and let her take me there; I loved Elsa's giddy side so much.

As we walked towards the cabin, I glanced at her, "Hey, Elsa?" Elsa turned to me and I clenched my fist nervously, "Can I finally ask you what I wanted to ask but never did?"

Elsa stopped walking and looked at me, giving me her full attention, "Of course. What is it?"

"I was wondering if, um," I scratched my cheek nervously, "If I could stay in the Enchanted Forest, with you, for a while, maybe?" I trailed off, looking at her hopefully.

Elsa was taken aback for a brief second before she smiled and cupped my cheek, "Of course you can, you silly," she pinched my nose gently.

"Really??" I exclaimed, my eyes sparkling. Elsa nodded, giggling, before she found herself between my arms in a tight embrace, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"For what?" Elsa laughed, pulling away, but before I could say something, she spoke again, "If there's someone you need to thank, that's Anna. IF she agrees to let her greatest guard stay here," she winked at me.

I fake pouted before I smirked, "And that's when you appear. I mean, you've negotiated and closed countless trade agreements; persuading your sister about something like that will be a piece of cake for you, won't it?" I raised an eyebrow at her and she rolled her eyes.

"You're such a stinker," she pinched both of my cheeks softly.

"I learned from the best," I smirked and leaned against her hand as she scoffed, "Now come on! I wanna see details!" I exclaimed, grabbing her hand and dragging her to the cabin. Elsa laughed and just rolled with it.

Elsa made me happy and loved me like nobody else.

And I wouldn't want it any other way.

---The End---