Meeting

The October air is brisk and Rey shoves her hands into the pockets of her peacoat as she walks, her eyes obscured by sunglasses, and her collar flipped up to her chin to block the wind. Vicrul walks next to her quietly, in his typical black pants and black shirt, with the addition of his black Ray-Bans and dark grey dress coat.

Cars rush past them on the bridge and the air is heavier with moisture than in the heart of the city from the water below them. Rey had received anonymous communication of someone wanting to meet with her privately, without Ben or anyone knowing. For protection, she had told Vicrul and made him swear he wouldn't speak of the meeting to anyone.

Her heels click on the cement below her feet, barely audible over the sound of the cars on the bridge. They don't speak to each other, just wordlessly walk, their pace rapid, and eyes trained straight ahead, occasionally turning to view the water below.

They approach the marker on the bridge that she had been told to meet at and Rey slows, observing the faces of the patrons passing her, none of them recognizable, but maybe that was the point, this was likely someone she didn't know.

Vicrul stands near her possessively, his eyes scanning the faces as well. Rey has become like his little sister in the 9 months he has been working as her bodyguard. She's spunky and snappy, not to mention caring, always looking out for him and the rest of the guys. He appreciates her and becomes even more protective when Ben isn't present, making him the sole person responsible for keeping her safe. Not that he thinks she isn't capable of protecting herself, she has successfully gotten away from him multiple times now, but it was the added security of being near that made both him and Ben feel better.

Rey takes a few steps forward, glancing up at Vicrul as she turns and looks at more faces. A man leans against the railing in a brown leather jacket layered over a white shirt and light blue jeans, his face turned out towards the water away from her, and his grey hair rustling in the wind.

Rey walks towards him, wondering if this is who her meeting is with, the sound of her heels alerting him to her presence and he turns, revealing his structured face, prominent nose, and the same eyes as Ben. "Mr.Solo," Rey says timidly, shoving her hands in her pockets and stopping in her tracks, Vicrul behind her.

"Hi Rey," Han says turning towards them and placing his own hands in his pockets. He looks up at the man behind Rey and nods, "how's it's going, Vic?"

"Hi Solo, been a while," Vicrul says politely. "I'll be over there," he mumbles to Rey and walks a little ways away, giving them room to talk privately. Both Han and Rey watch Vicrul walking away, the tension between them overwhelming. The last time she had seen Ben's father, he had been forceful, almost rude, insisting that he speak to his son despite Rey's frantic attempts to get him to leave.

"So," Rey turns back to him, sizing him up, noticing the subtle similarities between him and Ben still. "What do you want to talk to me about that's so important."

"I heard you and Ben are new Captains under Palpatine," he says, leaning against the railing of the bridge and crossing one leg over the other like Ben does when he leans against his desk.

"If that's what you heard," she says cooly, not letting onto anything.

"Right, 'trust no one,'" he laughs, looking down at the ground. "You know I taught him that," he looks back up at her, one eyebrow raised and eyes squinting in the bright morning light.

Rey doesn't say anything, just continues to look at him, her hands clenched tightly in her pockets from stress. The wind kicks up, blowing her hair across her face and she releases her left hand from her pocket to tuck it back behind her ear and under her coat's collar. Han's eye is immediately drawn like a bug to a light to the flashy ring on her finger and she shoves her hand back in her pocket to hide it.