H2: Cairo Station

Quick A/N: I won't be doing every mission, and even if I do write a mission, I might not write out it's initial cutscenes, this chapter being an example of that because I'm going under the assumption that you, the reader, have played the majority of the Halo series for the sake of my sanity.

UNSCDF ODP Cairo

The Master Chief can be seen standing just outside of Cairo Station's Bridge as a squad of Marines exit the station's tram, accompanied by a single ODST, being the "hero" of this story, carrying what looks to be a machine gun without it's mount. As the the Marines go down the nearby stairs and meet with Sergeant Major Avery Johnson, Commander Miranda Keyes and a handful of other officers can be seen boarding the tram while the Cairo's defense coordinator can be heard over the intercom.

CDC: "Alert! Boarders inbound!"

The Master Chief arms himself before joining the group as they move through a short corridor and through a door into Recreation R-01.

Johnson:(COM) "How's it going, Malta?"

MDC:(COM) "Stand by... They're latched! Check your targets and watch the crossfires. They're in standard formation: little bastards up front, big ones in back.... Good luck, Cairo."

Through the room's windows, a Covenant boarding craft can be seen attaching to the station. Moments later, Covenant weapon fire can be heard just in the other side of the door.

Johnson: "I need a field of fire on that bulkhead. Soon as that door opens, let 'em have it!"

The room's defenders take up various positions around the room that allow them to watch the bulkhead door, the most notable being Johnson setting up a stationary gun position in front of it and L/N being a few steps below him taking a position behind a half-height barricade. As the defenders finish taking position, a bright light and crackling sound akim to a blowtorch comes from the center of the door.

Moments later, the door explodes into the room, followed by Grunts and their Elite leaders. With the Master Chief's help, the defenders quickly eliminate the attackers. The group moves into the corridor and finds and kills another Covenant squad, who are attacking a Marine manning another stationary gun.

Marine: "Sir, we'll secure the area."

L/N: "Good luck, Marines."

Marine: "You too, sir."

Lord Hood:(COM) "Find the boarders point of entry, Chief. Cut them off at the source."

The Master Chief, with L/N following, heads up the flight of stairs and into Security R-01, which overlooks Commons R-01. Below, a pair of Marines are seen engaging a Covenant squad as the Master Chief uses the room's stationary gun to assist them while L/N moves downstairs to help them. They end the threat and as the Master Chief meets back with them, a loud clang is heard as another boarding craft latched to the station.

The pair of Master Chief and L/N move through a nearby door and up a staircase into and on to a catwalk in Hangar A-01, where a Covenant boarding craft is latched to the door and a small handful of Marines are attempting to repel the boarders. After a few minutes, the group eliminate the boarders and a Marine looks through one of the windows to see Covenant space craft rapidly leaving Malta Station.

Marine: "Hey, check it out! The Malta's already driven off its boarders!

Cortana:(COM) "Malta, what's your status, over?"

MDC:(COM) "I don't believe it! They're retreating, we won!"

As the Malta's Defense Coordinator finishes speaking, Malta Station suddenly explodes into a ball of fire, with the barrel of it's MAC gun breaking loose and tumbling away.