Chapter Two

The sun has since come up and is shining generously across the island. Trees rustle quietly as the unknown group slowly enclose on the camp, their footsteps nimble and light. They reach the campfire and look around at the three pitched tents; the soft sound of sleep radiating from each of them. One of them looks at Appa and opens their mouth in shock.

"What is that?" The girl whisper-shouts, causing the others to turn around. The group all crane their necks in order to take in the sight of the mysterious creature.

"She's right, what is that?" The girls look at the two who first spoke, unsure of what to say in response.

"Let's just focus on the tents," a voice rings out. All heads turn to their leader. She stands in the middle of the camp, separated from the other girls. "We don't have time for this," She takes out a golden, weaponised fan from her belt, leading the group to mirror the action. Each small tent is now surrounded by three girls with their weapons in hands. The leader looks towards the group and mouths "1, 2 ... 3"

On three, the warriors lift the tent flaps up and enter. Sokka awakes to the feeling of something around his ankles, causing his eyes to shoot open.

"Aang? Katara? I think Appa's gone wild! He's got m-" His face gets dragged through his sleeping bag, muffling his exclamations of surprise. As soon as he can, Sokka takes in a dramatic breath,

"Appa please! You know me, don't eat me I'm begging yo-" Sokka is swiftly flipped onto his back, where he can see his attacker, who is definitely not an air bison. Above him is a face, painted red and white, scowling down at him.

"You're not... Appa,"

"If that's the name of the beast, I sure hope not,"

Sokka chuckles out of fear, excruciatingly aware that his boomerang is sat on the floor of his tent. "Dammit..." he mutters to himself. He knew he should've started sleeping with it.

"Let go of me!" Katara demands, attempting to shake free from the tight grip the girls have on her. Sokka manages to get up onto his feet, taking in the scene before him. The dead fire from last night lies in the middle of the camp, while Katara and Aang are both kneeling on the ground in front of their tents.

"Get down," The leader hisses harshly as she pushes Sokka to his knees. He hits the ground with a small thud, a low gasp of pain falling from his lips.

"Air bend or something Aang!" Sokka says desperately. The leader stops what she's doing immediately and drops the rope,

"He's an air bender?" She looks over at the small boy, seeing his markings for the first time.

"My god..." Her head falls in shame, "Untie them all," The group doesn't react, "Now!"

With that, the girls frantically rush to untie Katara and Aang, accompanied by quiet whispers of "Sorry".

"My sincerest apologies," Sokka stands up, rubbing his wrists slightly. "I'll forgive you if..." He thinks deeply about his next demand as he puts one hand under his chin. "If you give us some of your finest cuisine," The leader rolls her eyes at Sokka but nods nonetheless.

"You don't have to do that," Katara says.

"Wha- Katara!"

"They made a mistake, Sokka, don't use their guilt against them," She places a hand on her hip and raises an eyebrow.

"I don't see why not..." Aang says, his voice trailing off a little.

"Aang! You've got to be kidding me..." She places her head in her hand, "You can't use the fact you're the avatar to get whatever you want!"