Chapter Six

I awoke to a gentle kiss on my forehead. I opened my eyes to see Chrollo above me, smiling. "Good morning Kumi." He whispered. His eyes shined brightly, full of kindness and passion. I lifted my hand up to feel his face, delicately tracing his jawline with my fingertips. He gave me a closed-eye smile, and leaned down to my face, connecting his lips with mine. I ran my hands through his hair and kissed him deeper.

     He lifted up my legs, putting them around his waist, and he began to carry me. Chrollo continued to kiss me as he carried me down the stairs, and then proceeded to lay me down on his couch.

     "I made you breakfast." He purred, shuffling to the other side of the room to grab a plate, handing it to me. It was biscuits and gravy, it smelled amazing, and was reminiscent of what my dad used to make. I took a bite and was filled with euphoria, how is he so perfect? He can cook, dance, he's kind, he's funny, he's handsome, and he's mine.

"How do you like it?" Chrollo asked.

"It's amazing." I cheered.

He smiled brightly, "once you're finished I'll have to take you home. Later, my associate Phinks should pick you up and take you to the manor. I believe you two have already met."

Phinks, that name does sound familiar. Oh right, he pointed a gun at me when I first met Chrollo. This might get awkward. Chrollo gazed at me with a concerned look, he softly grasped my knee. "I can tell what you're thinking, don't worry about it. He doesn't have anything against you." He whispered calmly. His voice is so reassuring.

     I finished my breakfast and packed up my things, and got into Chrollo's car with him, where he drove me home. He then walked me to my door.

     "Be careful, okay? Don't push yourself too much. If you think something bad is going to happen, leave. I'll have someone else do it." He demanded. I was sort of shocked, this entire time we worked together to do this heist, and we would let it fall apart so easily for me? What was with the sudden change of heart?

     I looked away in embarrassment. There's no way. I'm going to do this in earnest. He grasped my shoulder and stared me down firmly. "Do you promise?" He questioned.

He got like this sometimes, going from being lighthearted and jokey, to serious and resolved. I don't know how I feel about it, it could be frightening to witness. All I do know is that when he switches moods, the only way to please him is by agreeing with him. "I promise." I whispered. I didn't want to. He lightened his expression and smiled brightly. But it's worth it to see him smile.

He pulled me in closer to him, my head was next to his heart. I could hear it beating gently. "Don't kill him, Kumi." He whispered. Chrollo kissed me on the forehead, then walked away without a word. Watching his back turned to me as he walked away filled me with an indescribable feeling. I let out a sigh and walked into my house. Time to get ready for the heist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was wearing comfortable clothes, easy to move around in, topped with a utility jacket for storage space. I haven't eaten since this morning, which has been about 12 hours. It's 11 pm now, I need to eat but I'm too nervous. This is finally it, I can finally get revenge for my father. I hope it won't go like it did with Chrollo. I hope I don't get filled with apprehension when I have to act. Obviously, I'm happy now that I didn't end up killing Chrollo. I don't even like to think about that, due to his generosity my life has been significantly better. I don't deserve him.

I sat on my couch waiting for Phinks to arrive, and I heard a knock on my door. I jumped, as always. I wonder why I do that? I opened the door and exchanged looks with Phinks, who gestured for me to walk to the car. I got in the passenger seat, and he drove off. It was about an hour drive, and for a good 10 minutes there was an awkward silence. Phinks broke the silence.