ExR, the snake tales.

A/N: Grantaire and Enjolras' date at Grantaire's house and Enjolras finds Grantaire's little friend. Because I got like 150 notes on tumblr for this idea so that's good enough for me to write it a full story.
1000 words

Enjolras stood in front of Grantaire's door, waiting a good few seconds before deciding if he should ring the bell or run away as far as he could like he has been running away from his feelings for the past few years.
It wasn't their first date, but it would be the first date they were alone. Their first date was actually a double date with Marius and Cosette, their second with Jehan and Courfeyrac, but a date alone, it made it feel so real, and Enjolras wasn't certain if he wanted it to be real, he was happy in his own little world, where nothing went wrong, but in reality, a lot can go wrong. Way too much can go wrong.
How he even ended up dating Grantaire was kind of a blur, they were in this huge discussion a month ago or something, like always, that's perhaps why Enjolras can't remember it very well, and suddenly Grantaire goes like "... Do you wanna go out?" Like who even asks that in the middle of a huge discussion? And Enjolras said yes because he was so blown away Grantaire asked him to go out he couldn't say anything different, not that he wanted to say anything different but well...

Grantaire's appartment looked rather small from the outside, surely if you know he shared it with Eponine, Montparnasse and Jehan, but they were gone for today Grantaire had said and they would almost immidiatly go to the movies so it wasn't really a problem.

At last, Enjolras did decide to ring the bell and Grantaire opened within a second.
"I was not creepy standing behind the door waiting till you'd knock I swear, I was just on my way to the bathroom" he said quickly looking nervous.
"Hello to you too?" Enjolras smiled, taking of his jacket.

"I-... Uhm-... Follow me to the living room?" Grantaire asked, well sort off asked, it sounded a tiny bit weird.
"Would love to!"
"Uhm, I have to go to the toilet real quickly, just watch out, don't get scared, I let Fidèle out for a few seconds in the appartment, but she won't do any harm okay" Grantaire ran to the toilet and Enjolras was confused.

He knew Jehan had a kitten that was only a few weeks old, and he guessed that's the 'Fidèle' Grantaire meant? But why would Enjolras be scared of a cat? A BABY cat?

At that moment, a small ball of fluffy fur came walking toward the couch, and even Enjolras' heart melted for a second. It rubbed its little head against Enjolras's shin.

"Oh, you must be Fidèle! Nahw look how cute you are!" He lifted the kitten with one hand and placed it on his lap, petting it, because Enjorlas did have a weak point for cats (that no one must know about)

"Aren't you the cutest? Nahw!" Enjorlas suddenly looked up. He also made a note to himself that you probably shouldn't talk to animals in baby voices in the house of another person you've been dating since recently.
"Wait... Did something just move? What?" He walked over to the small tables nearby the tv being quite sure something just moved.
"What? I-.. Oh GOD IS THAT A SNAKE? OH GOD HELP HELP HELP HELP" Enjolras basically ran towards the nearest chair and quickly crawled on it, still with the little kitten in his hand, only realizing a few seconds later that, if that snake could get up the table, he or she probably also can get up the chair.

"Enjolras? Are you okay? I heard you screaming I-... Why are you on the chair?"
"BETTER QUESTION: WHY IS THERE A BOA CONSTRICTOR IN YOUR APPARTMENT? AND WHY AREN'T YOU SCARED?" Enjolras said, pointing at the thing on the table, while Grantaire started laughing.
"I told you to not be scared of Fidèle? Also, she's not a boa constrictor" He said while laughing, lifting the snake up.
"I THOUGHT THIS WAS FIDÈLE" he pointed at the little kitten in his hands, which he almost squished from scaredness.
"Oh, I see you met Hamlet too,Jehan's cat! Well, we have an agreement we all can keep one pet, no more because otherwise we can start a zoo or something, Montparnasse had nothing though, Eponine has a hamster"
"And YOU CHOSE THE DEADLY, FURLESS ONE?" Enjolras said, slowly crawling of the chair as Grantaire was putting Fidèle back in her cage.
"She's not deadly, I promise you, she's rather small, actually. Isn't she the cutest?" He said while rubbing over her head with one finger, Enjorlas wasn't fully sure if he should do that if he wanted to keep that finger but Fidèle actually seemed to enjoy it.
"You could have told me sooner Fidèle was a snake, not a cute cuddly cat!"
"I didn't think you would think I would think you were scared of kittens!" Grantaire defended himself, but he was still laughing.
"touché. When are we gonna leave to go to the movies?" Enjolras sounded a bit annoyed.
"Right, grab your jacket, it's a 5 minute walk"

Once outside the door, Grantaire just wouldn't let it go, "you sure are hella cute when you're scared!" He laughed.
"Again, not my fault you have a deadly animal" but this time, he laughed too.
"Oh come on, she's not deadly, she's cute!"

"I wish I had taken my mittens with me, my fingers are freezing off," Grantaire changed the subject, even though he was the one to always bring it up back again.
"I know what to do about that..." Enjolras smiled, slowly taking Grantaire's hand in his. Even after two dates, they never had holden hands or hugged, but Grantaire's hands felt so soft, and they fitted perfectly in his hands really.

They both smiled, looking at their joined hands, when Enjolras said something that sounded probably way more creepy than it was supposed to, "this moment is so perfect, I wish that if- no WHEN I die because your snake kills me, we could die holding hands"
Grantaire almost cried of laughter at Enjolras attempt to say something romantic, and Enjolras realized what he just had said, but it didn't matter, because at least they both were happy at that moment.