A Guy Who Isn't Me

4 months. The life inside of Mal was finally 4 months old. 4 months old and their father still had no idea they existed. Harry had distanced himself completely after their talk, keeping their interaction to a minimum. Mal's heart ached for him whenever their eyes instinctively met but he always looked away within seconds; this was her punishment, she felt as though she were Prometheus. Her heart felt as though it had been ripped from her more times than she could count.

"Happy 4 months, baby," Mal whispered, rubbing her hand over her stomach. She hadn't needed the enchantment to conceal her pregnancy previously but as Mal's hand travelled the expanse of her stomach to felt her hand undulate over the forming bump. Mal bit her lip as a smile formed and tears burned in her eyes. 

Her intimate moment was broken seconds later when a wave of nausea hit her. She ran to the en suit before throwing up whatever she had been able to stomach yesterday. Mal's body had been playing up frequently meaning she could barely keep any food down long enough to digest. Evie had been with her every second, helping Mal and comforting her as her head hung over every toilet bowel around the school.

As if on cue, Evie padded into the bathroom seconds later, pulling Mal's hair back into a ponytail and rubbing soothing circles on her back.

"Took you long enough," Mal grumbled as she sat herself against the side of the bath, her body seemingly done with vomiting up the contents of her stomach.

Evie pulled the flush before she stood to grab Mal a glass of water. This was their new routine and it ran like clockwork every morning. "Good morning to you to, Mal," Evie chuckled, handing her the glass before kneeling down so she was eye line with Mal's stomach, "Good morning to you too, babe. It's Auntie Evie here. Happy 4 months," Evie whispered, kissing Mal's stomach, causing her to let out a giggle.

Soon enough the girls were getting ready for the day. Evie wore a red plaid skirt paired with an oversized navy sweater and a pair of red wrap around heels. Mal always smiled whenever Evie got ready in the morning. It always looked she was going to Paris Fashion Week, not an 8 hour school day. Mal lounged on her bed until Evie picked her outfit out and threw it at her. Her outfit was a plain white tee worn under a lilac sweater vest paired with a white tennis skirt and some white sneakers. 

10 minutes later they walked out of their room holding all their supplies for school. They had missed breakfast that morning, once again due to Mal's incessant nausea, so when they met Carlos in the hallway before Chemistry he had handed Evie a croissant and some orange juice. 

Evie smiled in thanks, "You are a fucking lifesaver, thank you!" she kissed his cheek and began to eat her breakfast before class started. Carlos gave Mal a slight frown causing Mal to roll her eyes and pull out a pack of salty crackers, she always carried around in her bag, and a bottle of water. Carlos nodded, content that Mal was properly fuelling her body before Mr Gepetto came barrelling down the hall, shouting his apologies, ushering them into the labs.

As the trio walked into the classroom, Mal silently surveyed all the seats, sighing when she saw that Ben wasn't in class today. They seated themselves at the back and waited for class to begin. 

It was lunch before they knew it and the trio stood by Evie's locker waiting for Jay to arrive before heading to the cafeteria. As they stood around chatting about anything and everything Mal's gaze lifted in time to see Harry striding down the hall probably going to find Gil. Whenever Harry was in the school halls people jumped to get out of his way as if he was going to snap at any moment; Mal inwardly laughed as a first-year squealed when she saw him. As if on instinct his eyes met hers and his stride faltered slightly. Mal smiled and gave him a small wave, genuinely happy to finally see him today. Harry simply turned his head and kept walking, the only acknowledgement of Mal's existence being a forming scowl on his features as he walked off.