38

Xioli came to the Lim Mansion, she's not busy today because she's already done with all her work and soon they will start to build the new Zodiac Mall.

"Good morning Ms. Xioli." Grandma Pen greeted her when she entered the mansion

"Good morning Grandma Pen, I came to see Auntie Nuan." Xioli said and Grandma Pen nods

"Please take a seat, I'm going to call the madam." Grandma Pen said

"Thank you." Xioli said and Grandma Pen smile at her before she went away.

She saw that some young helpers are looking at her and whispering to each other but Xioli decided to ignored them.

"Xioli dear." Xioli immediately look up when she heard the familiar voice, she immediately smile when she saw the madam of Lim family.

"Auntie." Xioli said and Nuan gave her a loving smile.

"I'm glad that you came here, when Kian said that you wanted to learned how to cook I didn't believe him at first but I'm really excited." Nuan said while walking to Xioli and hug her.

"I just heard that he said that to you auntie, thank you for being kind." Xioli said and Nuan look at Xioli.

"You are now like my daughter Xioli, of course I can help you with all I can even if it's just cooking." Nuan said and Xioli felt warm because of what she heard.

"Thank you auntie." Xioli said and Nuan just smile

"Shall we? What do you want to learn?" Nuan said while she guiding Xioli towards the kitchen the helpers are just looking at them.

"Anything auntie, but I want to learn Kian's favorite, he always cook for me." Xioli said and Nuan smiles

"Really? He really do that?" Nuan asked and Xioli nods

"Yes Auntie, he told me that you are the one who teaches him before." Xioli said and Nuan nods

"He really become busy when he became the president of the company, he barely home." Nuan said Xioli can see that Nuan loves her son very much.

"He always talks about you Auntie every time he visits me." Xioli said she remember what happened the night before.

"He is a sweet child, I don't know why people always saying that my child is a cold blooded." Nuan said

"Because he is cold blooded outside of this house mom." A new voice came and when Xioli look at the entrance of the kitchen she saw Lim Yang standing there.

"He is a sweet child Yang." Nuan said

"He is not mother, we both know that." Yang answers

Xioli are just looking at mother and daughter who is arguing about Kian's persona.

"You two are arguing again." A new voice came and this time the head of the family are here.

"Oh you are here." Qiang said when he saw Xioli

"Good morning uncle, I'm sorry for coming early in the morning." Xioli greeted

"Dad, tell mom that Brother Kian are cold blooded outside the house." Yang said to her father

"I'm sorry about them, they are always like this." Lim Qiang said to Xioli who just smile

"They look so close." Xioli said while still looking at the two.

Lim Qiang just look at Xioli because he heard what is happening. Lim Kian even called him earlier before he came down.

"Okay that's enough." Qiang finally said to his wife and daughter.

"So stubborn." Nuan said

"Like mother like daughter, honey." Qiang tease Nuan

Xioli just look at the family, she wish this before she wish to have a time like this but she forgot it since she turned 18.

"Anyway, dear let's go and cook." Nuan are now talking to Xioli who smiles and nod.

"What are you going to cook?" Yang asked

"Kian's favorite." Nuan said

"Which one?" Qiang asked this time.

"Beef vegetable stew." Nuan said

"Okay dad, let's go leave them." Yang said and Qiang nods.

"Those two just don't want to help for cutting." Nuan said when Qiang and Yang left

"I can help you auntie, this past few days I'm helping my cousin in cooking but she can't teach me because she's also busy, but all I can is to cut." Xioli said and Nuan just laugh

"That's a good start, you can't cook if you can't cut the ingredients." Nuan said and they started to prepare.

--

On the other side Yang and Qiang can hear the two who is laughing at the kitchen while they are playing chess.

"Dad, do you think Xioli will not hurt my brother?" Yang said, she's worried that someday Xioli will leave Kian.

"She's not going to hurt him." Qiang said while taking a move

"Do you think brother Kian will not hurt her?" Yang asked again and Qiang just smirk.

"Why do you think your brother will hurt her? He is ready to kill if someone bring sadness to that child." Qiang said and Yang look confused

"Did something happened?" Yang asked, she knows her brother and father.

"Just a small matter that your brother can handle." Qiang said and Yang nods.

"By the way dad, did I already said it to you?" Yang said while moving a piece on the board.

"What is it?" Qiang asked

"That Bai Ting and I are already dating?" Yang said that made Qiang stop his movement

Qiang laugh before he put down the piece on the board.

"That's good to hear, took him long enough." Qiang said and Yang look confused

"Everyone really know his feelings?" Yang asked and Qiang look at his daughter

"Checkmate." Qiang said didn't even answer Yang's question.

"Why I'm always losing to you on this game." Yang said looking at the board.

"Take care of each other Yang, I don't want to see you getting hurt and I don't want to see that child to be broken, he waited long enough." Qiang said and Yang look at him.

"You don't need to worry dad, I trust him." Yang said and Qiang smile at his daughter

Qiang and Nuan know that this day will come, their children will have someone by their side and they will do everything just to make them happy.