Chapter 22

Sorry for the late update just been really hot here and going back and forth with the anime. Not only that but spent the hottest day of the year clearing out my parents' loft (attic) for the great move that's happening soon. Literally sweated to make this for you so you better appreciate my efforts. JK, you can like it if you want, love ya <3<3 vote and comment if ya want 😊

The rise and fall of Shiratorzawa

The day finally came, we are now unloading the bus and making our way towards Sendai city gym for the boy's spring inter-high national tournament. The overwhelming crowd parts away for us to make our red-carpet entrance like the celebrities that we are in the volleyball world.

Me and the coach head on to prepare the gym that we'll be using for warm-ups and then off to the court as we're playing first against Araigawa High School for the first round. I notice that the team came in minutes after me and the coach finished setting up but of course we're missing our star pupil like always.

"I'll go find him." I groan out handing coach the clipboard. Why can't he just wander around in circles like a lost puppy not be this fucking adventurer that has to go off making newfound friends.

I eventually find him near the men's bathroom but also with his groupies or rather 'friends', bob the builder, pretty boy, ginger and also another newbie, he's big with no eyebrows. I feel like I just entered a show down, gunslinger's grab your weapons on 3...1...2...3...pow, pow, pew, pew.

I run up to them launching myself onto my boyfriends back, struggling to stay up, I almost strangle the poor guy, nah this dude has a solid neck. Rather than pushing me down his hands clasp themselves around my thighs, oooo getting handsy now are we. With the added help gives me leeway on his neck and I hear him finally take a breath, I hope.

Once up I can see everyone more clearly, pretty boy and bob seemed to be short circuiting and the midget is actually really small with this added height seems to be blushing deeply and the weird tall guy is unfazed.

"So, what are we talking about? I hope no one is picking a fight." I narrow my gaze at shorty and he physically squeals and shakes his head while the two Aoba Johsai players look rather pissed.

"We were just saying how we're going to kick his butt and go to nationals." Pretty boy sticks his chin up while his friend wears a dark expression, damn Wakatoshi you make some weird friends or rather enemies, you can't be trusted anymore to go out wondering.

"Welp I guess we'll be seeing you on the court then, huh?" while saying this to the group I keep my (e/c) eyes glued to shorty here, I guess I just really want to see him play against us. I tap Wakatoshi's shoulder hoping he gets the message of that we got a match to win. He turns around but before leaving he says.

"Whoever we play, I won't lose." Wow that's some one liners my boy can come up with. I feel the aggression towards him from the company that we just left but I can't stop giggling like some 14-year-old fangirl.

"Wowzers Wakatoshi what happened to being on a team? Hmm." I blow into his ear but this guy he just keeps a straight face, is all my teasing for naught.

Before we enter the gym once again, Wakatoshi just drops me I squeal holding onto the nearest thing that my hands can reach, that's 6-foot drop ladies. But my lovely perky buttocks doesn't hit the ground oh no currently my mouth is having an explorer do a new one on my tongue. I open my eyes and all I'm met with is DESIRE and ... VICTORY? My knees wobble as the short lived fiery passionate kiss goes as quick as it came. No words are exchanged but from the looks of it he has a rather smug look coating his face. What happened to all shy Wakatoshi, huh? Well if I really look back on it, he was always this smug and confident just hesitant. Welp might as well give up, this guy is the biggest tease out there.