Prologue

The world was painted crimson, the earth was drenched in blood, the sky mirrored the earth, also bearing the bloody colour of death.

Everywhere was engulfed in flames, a blazing red inferno devastating everything in its path.

Spawns of darkness that sprung from the realm of the damned roamed, devouring every unfortunate victim within their line of sight.

Screams of pure agony and fear ripped through the sky, a sickly testimony of the apocalyptic happening.

I watched as bloodsucking fiends drained the life out of people, then proceed to latch themselves onto their next meal, the same goes for the flesh-eating beasts that devoured their victims from skin to bone, from head to toe, not leaving a single iota of the human body go to waste.

I watched as it all happened, weak, helpless, and absolutely terrified, unable to do a single thing, unable to move a single muscle, unable to utter a single word, just kneeling there holding my dying brother in my arms.

I watched as my brother, my savior, who protected me with his life slowly and painfully bled to death. A gashing wound on his chest and a puncture wound on his abdomen, several broken and fractured bones, lacerated muscles a cracked skull and an unscathed sister were his gains from a bloody tooth and nail battle to the death against a beast.

I watched as my brother's body went cold and his ragged, laboured breathing started to die out.

I watched as his heart weakened with every beat until it eventually stopped and his body went limp.