1 | Danger

"DANGER
You're in DANGER
No hard feelings, right or wrong
Weak or strong, I don't make the laws
In yo zone niggas gon' get they fuckin
Head blown
Because they got the block on lock
The trunk stay locked
Glock on cock
The block stay hot"
- Erykah Badu

"DANGER You're in DANGER No hard feelings, right or wrong Weak or strong, I don't make the laws In yo zone niggas gon' get they fuckin Head blown Because they got the block on lock The trunk stay locked Glock on cock The block stay hot" - Erykah B...

"Listen up! We're doing promotions today!" I announced while walking into the underground warehouse, my two personal guards right beside me. I could see the look of confusion on everyone's faces as they stopped what they were doing to give me their undivided attention. I've never stepped foot in one of our warehouses. My father always drilled in me that doing this type of work was beneath me as a leader, and looking back now I see why he wasn't very respected.

"E, whose missing?" I questioned the man in charge of our operations in the Midwest. I might not know everyone that works for our organization, but I've been making sure to keep a professional relationship with everyone in leadership positions since they act like they're only familiar with Jerrell. It's exactly why I decided to sneak over and do this on my own while he's out in Jamaica meeting with my uncles.

"We're only missing-" He was cut off by someone running into the building out of breath. I looked at the guy, taking in his appearance. He had three chains on his neck, each one looking valued at a hundred thousand. On his wrist was a customized Rolex, and he was rocking a Gucci sweatsuit. You're never supposed to dress flashy to a warehouse, and there's no reason anyone in his position should be spending large amounts of money on jewelry.

"Sorry I'm late. You know how-" He started to say more until his eyes landed on me.

"This is exactly why I decided to show up today. You always seem to be late to these mandatory meetings that are the same time every week. Why is that?"

"There's always a lot of traffic when I'm driving in." He lied with small smirk on his face. I knew it was a lie because I take a different route anytime I come here to meet with Eric and it's just about always an empty road seeing as this warehouse is located underneath a Amazon distribution warehouse. I've never had to come inside because Eric is always waiting for me out front, but today is different. He's a perfect example of why I'm here today. No one takes me as a threat and that's an issue.

"You're on the distribution team right?" He nodded his head, letting out a small chuckle. I glanced over at one of my guards and within a flash a bullet was going straight through his head.

"For future reference, if I ask a question I want a verbal response. Now, where are the runners?" A group of ten guys and girls stepped forward, all ranging from age eighteen to twenty one. I looked at each one of them before turning to look at Eric. "Your team your call, E."

"Shawn, you're up." Shawn tried holding in his grin as he stepped forward. Jerrell is big on not stepping in for situations like this since he believes it's stepping on the people in charge's feet. In my opinion, if there's a pattern and it continues for periods of time without being addressed then you step in and handle it, correct? A sloppy organization is a direct reflection of the head people in charge. Eventually it starts to make you look weak when you continue to let individuals get over on you.