005

5
-

But not as cold as you are,

——————————————————

I sat alone in the secluded lunch room, as Chun Hei went to go get Erwin.
Apparently he didn't know I was also here in this mental ward, so it'd be a surprise for him.

For the most part I had stared out into blank space, while awaiting.
But as the wheels of a wheelchair slowly creaked, getting louder, I turned my head to the open lunch room door.
I seen Chun Hei casually strolling a overly tired Erwin over to the room I sat in.
Instantly, when he saw me, his eyes lit up like stars.

"Levi's here!?"
I heard Erwin yell, as they entered the room, Chun Hei simply giggled and nodded, hands upon his shoulders.

Despite his rough condition, he managed to scurry out of his wheelchair and crawl the little distance from the door frame to the table. He used whatever was nearby for support as it seems one of his legs was broken.

Once seated beside me, I watched as Chun Hei came over, kneeling down on the floor between us. One hand rubbed my back, the other rubbed Erwin's back.

"Are we alright boys? Would you like anything to drink?"
"Coffee! Black coffee please!"

Erwin seemed overly happy, even when he spoke at Chun Hei, his eyes were lit up with a certain emotion I wasn't too fond of.
"Ye. How about you Mr. Ackerman?"
Her hand on Erwin's back fell, but the one on my mine patted me lightly as she spoke.

"You to stop touching me."
I sneered and scoffed, averting my eyes over to Erwin, he seemed to be disappointed.

"He'll have a bland Earl Grey tea."
"Alright, I'll be back!"
She clapped happily, walking out the room and locking the door for safety reasons.

"You don't have to be so harsh on her."
Erwin had said, looking at me with that dumb calm expression of his.
"She's only here to help us all, it's her job."

"How!? How is that brat helping us?!"
"Calm down Levi, it's unnecessary."
"Unnecessary!?"
Now I was having a complete mental breakdown.

"Un fucking necessary is her throwing garbage all around my fucking room!!!"
"It's probably just a test of some sort, calm down!"
Erwin soothed, patting me on the back much like Chun Hei had before so.

Before I could bicker back at him, the door opened with the overly cheerful Chun Hei, humming a song I did not know. She sat down coffee and tea in front of us, before taking out her pen and notebook, sitting in a corner.

"Can you get the fuck out?"
I harshly barked, glaring ever so intently at her.

"I can not understand the Eldian language, so if you want to talk confidential, then do so in that language. Due to hospital rules, I'm not allowed to leave you two alone."
She smiled sarcastically, her face dimly lit by the singular light in the room. Her fingers swirled her pen around to a comfortable position before she started to write in her notebook.

"Tch..."

"Say! Levi! How was France?"
"A better question would be, how'd you come here? You were in Germany?"

"It was boring there, I decided to come and try to reunite with you here."
Erwin's eyes watched Chun Hei carefully in the corner of his eyes, a content facial expression. I don't like the way he's looking at her.

Me and Erwin had a long conversation, speaking in the Eldian language. But often times his eyes would trail over to Chun Hei, sitting in the corner. Eventually it came to my attention when the notebook and pen slipped out of her hands, onto the floor, she had fallen asleep in the chair.

To myself, I smiled at the innocent sight, then glared at Erwin for doing the same.

3rd person—

Chun Hei sat, stilly, emerged in her bubbly bath. She had her knees glued to her chest, her chin almost creating an indent, as she rested it prominently on her knees. She sighed, her body becoming overly hot due to the high temperature she created the water to be;

Levi was intently doing exercises such as sit ups, push ups, even jumping jacks in his dark and dull, rusty cell. He managed to find a way to escape his straight jacket, and though it took a lot of flexibility, Levi imagined after so long, it would be a slice of cake for him. His breathing increased, becoming raggedy due to his oxygen needing more supply. He finished a sit-up, arms behind his head, pausing before doing another set;

Chun Hei's thoughts were seemingly innocent, as she played with the foamy bubbles, piling onto the bath tub's ledge. Poor, Mr. Ackerman, he must've been through so much to be so traumatized. I want to help him the most,
I think. Mr. Smith is quite attractive, it's hard to believe he was the commander of the scouts.

Levi's breathing decreased, but became more intense. He felt his thoughts becoming more sinister, subconsciously smirking mercilessly.
Oh, Chun Hei, Chun Hei, Chun Hei my dear.
You'll be mine, you're my property and nobody else's. Not Erwin's, nor Mr. Oh's.

Though at different places, when Levi's mischievous thoughts existed his mind, Chun Hei accidentally sliced herself while shaving her legs too fast.
It stung, so instantly she let out a cry, hunching over the side of the bath.

"Abeoji!"
She called out to her father, but got not answer.
"Abeoji! I need a bandaid!"

Only silence answered her, she sighed, hugging herself tighter with the growing emptiness inside her. She imagined the man passed out on the couch from a drunken state. Her theory, of course was correct.

In the background, on the record player in the living room, played a soft, mellow old korean folk song about a husband killing his wife.
She thought it suited her, dunking herself in under the water, so she could longer hear the words clearly.

She stared at the ceiling, her head underwater.