𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 - 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑒

Having Chenle as a best friend was sometimes very stressful and at the same time, full of surprises

Having Chenle as a best friend was sometimes very stressful and at the same time, full of surprises. By surprises, you meant him visiting your apartment randomly at 3 pm on a Thursday. The doorbell rang like crazy and you knew exactly who it was.

"Coming! Can't you chill, Chenle?" You called, opening the door for him to enter your apartment.

"Took you long enough." Chenle scoffed playfully and you rolled your eyes back at him.

"Says the one who woke me up from my afternoon nap because he didn't tell me beforehand that he was coming over today."

He only laughed at you with his high-pitched laugh as he plopped himself down on your couch. He grabbed the remote and flipped through your Netflix, looking for an interesting movie. You sat down beside him, waiting for him to finish picking.

"You want to watch that movie?" You asked.

"Not really, but everything else is bad."

As expected, Chenle became bored halfway through the movie. He stretched his arms upwards and yawned, staring at the screen with bored eyes. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and unlocked it.

"What's your wifi password? It's so boring here, I wanna do something on my phone." He questioned, not even bothering to look at you.

"Then do something, I don't wanna share my wifi with you."

"Why not?"

"My wifi will be slow." You replied as if it was already obvious.

"You live alone, idiot." He pushed you slightly.

You faced him with a blank expression, "Still, I'm not giving you the password. You have to figure it out yourself if you really want to."

He scoffed defeatedly, "Fine."

All of a sudden, your phone rang from inside your pocket. It was a call from your mom, so you went to the kitchen to answer the call. Chenle was now alone in the living room and he decided to try guessing your wifi password. What could it possibly be?

"She wouldn't be stupid enough to use my name, right? That's impossible."

He said that as a complete joke, but he decided to try it out. He typed in 'zhongchenle' as the password, knowing too well that you like words in lowercase. And to his utter surprise, the screen showed that he had successfully connected to your wifi.

"No way, seriously?!" Chenle gasped to himself, glancing at your figure in the kitchen.

Why did she use my name? Does she like me too? Why didn't she tell me? He wondered.

He had always felt this weird connection towards you for quite some time now, but he didn't act on it as to not make you uncomfortable or even worse, ruin your friendship. When he noticed that you were now walking back to the living room, he pretended to sulk and turn his back from you.

You raised an eyebrow in confusion, "Are you okay, Lele? What's wrong?"

"Don't talk to me."

You can clearly hear the pout from his voice, "Huh, why?" You asked as you sat back down beside him.

He peeked behind his shoulder to look at you and turned his back again quickly, crossing his arms.

"You're acting weird today." You shook your head and continued watching the movie that was still playing on the screen.

In a hushed tone, Chenle muttered. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Hmm, tell you what?" You replied without sparing him a glance.

"That you like me."

You almost choked on your own spit, while turning to him in shock. How did he know? I know for sure that I didn't tell anyone about my little crush on my best friend, not a single soul.

"What are you talking about?"

Chenle didn't say anything; instead, he brought his phone screen to your face to show you that he was indeed connected to your wifi. Oh no.

"I see, you're connected to my wifi. I guess you got my password right." You nervously laughed, but he only gave you a playful glare.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He questioned you again with a sad look in his eyes.

"Why would I tell you?"

"Because I like you too." He whined and you couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

"Who said I liked you?" You jokingly asked to tease him and he sulked for the second time. "I was just joking, come here."

You pulled him closer by his arms, but he pushed your hands away only to pull you into his embrace, so he can rest his head on top of yours.

"We're both idiots, you know?" He whispered.

"Glad you admitted you're an idiot."

"Because if y/n is an idiot, then I'm an idiot."

_______

unfortunately, I'm not really in the nct fandom anymore. I still love the neos and their songs tho, but the spark isn't the same as before. thank you for all the memories, the lessons, and the bond <3

dennise