New neighbors

(Bit of a reminder, (y/n) is age 18/19 in this story)

It all happened so suddenly, your mom just went outside to water her plants when she was greeted by three young girls. But from what you could tell they certainly weren't human. They all looked exactly alike, it was kind of uncanny. They all had long white hair with dog-like ears on top of their heads and red eyes. They wore a form-fitting red and black suit, but what really stood out was the demon like tails coming from their backs. You couldn't understand what was happening, but they didn't seem threatening, but your mom was visibly uncomfortable.

10 minutes later...

"Mom, please!" You pleaded with her while she was on the phone. She ignored you as she was talking with the police, when all you saw was that the three strange girls had pounced on her, possibly trying to give her a hug. Of course your mom didn't like that. You groan in embarrassment, rubbing your forehead. Hopefully your neighbor would let it slide...

The next morning

It was 24 hours after the incident, all you saw was the police enter the house, stay in there for hours, and just leave, seemingly no one was in trouble, but you did feel bad about your mom getting a little out of hand. You decided to pay your neighbor a visit. You walked out the door and to his house, the man who lived there was like a big brother to you, since he moved in a few years ago, you would cross paths on the street and make small talk, he was mysterious for sure, but he was kind to you and your family. You take a breath and gave the door a few sharp knocks. After a minute you saw the doorknob turn, you saw your neighbor, Antoni standing in the doorway with his shades on and wearing an apron.

"Oh, (y/n), good morning, what brings you around?" He greeted you as you scratched the back of your head. "Morning, I just wanted to apologize for my mom's behavior, you know how nuts she can be." His glasses slid down the bridge of his nose as he looked to the side. "At least she didn't come charging with a baseball bat." You nervously chuckle as your mom had done that before.

"Want to come in? I made pancakes." Antoni shifted his arm to show he was carrying a plate of chocolate pancakes. You remembered he was a good cook, plus you haven't eaten breakfast yet. "Sure, sounds great." He opened up the door for you and you stepped inside. As you closed the door behind you and turned towards the walkway, you were greeting by not one, but three familiar faces.

"Another human? Is this a new friend? Did they come to play with us?" The three dog-like girls that pounced your mom all greeted you one by one, hopping excitedly like real dogs. They startled you a bit. "One a-at a time, please! E-excuse me." You gently scooted them aside to get into the house, all seemed to look at you excitedly. "I'm (y/n) by the way, I'm your neighbor." They jumped for joy, wagging their demon-like tails, speaking in unison. "Yay! A new friend! We're Cerberus!" You chuckle a bit at how excited they were. "So are you all triplets or..."

"They're one demon in three bodies." Antoni chimes in to finish the statement. Well, that was unusual to hear. "Also didn't you three pounce my mom yesterday?" Their demeanor quickly changed, staying still with their ears folded down. Antoni looked at the girls. "And what do we say?"

"We're sorry." Cerberus said looking up at you with a guilty expression. You look at them, now way you could be mad at those faces. You reach over and pet their heads one by one. "Don't worry about it, be sure to stay away from my mom from now on, she can be a little nuts." Cerberus's expressions changed back into happy, all three hugging you at once, toppling you into the ground. "Yay, new friend!" You laugh a bit as you gently push them off you, Antoni helping you up. "Sorry about that, they like people. The others should come around in a bit." Now you were curious.

"There's more demons in this house?" You dusted yourself off as you stood up again, Antoni responding to your question. "Yup, plus one angel." You had so many questions you were about to ask, but you heard crashes and commotion from upstairs. You heard the voices of two girls arguing and shouting at each other. Cerberus and Antoni didn't seem to react, like this was normal.