Chapter 17 - The Burster and Them

We went to the meeting place where Sir had his conjurer friend build a building a long time ago. It was where we were supposed to lure everyone to after getting stranded at the beach. However, with how things turned out, we didn't manage to do it as exactly as it was, but somehow still got a few people to go inland.

I was surprised when I found out everything in ruins. It somehow got me mad.

"Hey, what happened here?" the weak-ass slasher asked with both of his hands resting at the back of his head, still as carefree as ever.

"Well, a lot of things might have happened. Am I right, Momo and Mimi?" Our controller turned around and gave the twins a menacing look masked as a smile.

They looked at each other with indifference. They surely looked alike: same squinting eyes, small noses, and pale, thin lips. Even their height and built. They were as small as elementary students but ferocious in some ways. You wouldn't find them dangerous if you didn't know what they could do.

I hea—my ears caught weak-ass slasher's words that they were the ones who pulverized the building into dust and rubble.

"We're sorry, we don't know that it would come out like this and—" Mimi started.

"—we're also sorry for letting them get out of our hands," Momo continued.

I was starting to get itchy. I hoped Sir had left some people for me to burst. I got this itchiness from my father a long time ago when I was still a kid. It was not a real itch, just more of a habit. He was one of the thinkers who got assigned to kill the first subjects on this island together with Sir and their other friend who built the building that was just dust and rubble as of now. I remembered when he had told me how he had done the killings with each of his victims and the joy and satisfaction he felt every time he would see to it they would scream in agony and fear.

However, the bastard died and I was orphaned. I was then adopted by a family who didn't love me.

"Welcome, Young Bloods," said the man who just popped out of nowhere—literally. Well, we were enveloped in a thought, so he basically just warped. I just didn't know from where.

We all kneeled and bowed our heads. He was our mentor and one of the seven hands of Master. Even with his being a warper, an orange margin thought, he was still dangerous. And could kill.

I mean, he just basically slaughtered everyone who escaped from the beach. That was why I didn't see him much there because he might have followed them. With his thought, it was convenient to move around the island and it wouldn't take that much time to find each of them, especially when he knew the way here already because, as I had said, he was one of the thinkers who first massacred the first subjects. He was part of the first generation of Young Bloods and he had our respects because of that.

And also because he was my real father's best friend.

The building that was in ruins now once served as our training ground and every detail was as accurate and meticulous; making sure not a thing would be missed out for us to master the spatial dimensions of the school we were going to enroll to that time, and now we successfully did. The main reason why they built the building was to observe teacher Mary's actions. However, the conjurer who built it died shortly after we officially became Young Bloods, and the building started crumbling as time passed by. If anything, it shocked me that it still stayed even after his death. Orange margin thoughts were really a mystery.

"What took you so long?" he asked. The mere fact that he was calm and well-poised got me much more creeped out than how teacher Mary would have done it.

"Sir, sorry for the delay. Nevertheless, we managed to complete our task," the weak-ass slasher casually reported. He surely got some guts to speak normally to him.