Chapter 20

My mother sat down on the sofa and started to speak.

"You and Yoongi. You couldn't be-"

"Why are you bringing that up now? That isn't related to Ji-Yong." I huffed. 

"But it is. Related to the reconstruction of Min Corp."

"Huh?"

"Marry Yoongi." She said as if it was the easiest thing in the world to do.

"Wh-what?" I asked in shock. The last thing I thought I would be hearing today was that I should marry Yoongi. "We're we're siblings!"

"Not by blood so you can still be married. And why does that matter now?" She asked. 

"Eomma-"

"The answer is it no longer matters. You have had sex already no?" 

"That's I'm not answering that." I blushed trying to look anywhere but my mother. Talking about such a thing with your own mother is strange to me.

"I already know. You're my daughter after all so there's not point in hiding it." She chuckled. I stayed silent.

"The biggest problem has been solved. With a marriage the reconstruction of the company can go smoothly."

"What are you saying eomma?" I asked.

"The two of you were raised together as siblings during your years of puberty but as to weather you would be able to actually like each other, that was always the problem. But it seems I didn't need to worry after all." She smiled.

"Eomma, is, were you hoping for this outcome?" I asked but something in my gut was telling me I already knew that the answer to that question was a yes.

"A wealthy son and a humble girl from a previous marriage. For those two people to overcome their relationship as siblings and get married. Don't you think such a story is wonderful?" She asked with a dreamy sigh.

"Stop screwing around!" I shouted standing up from my seat, "How would a marriage between Yoongi and I possibly save the company?"

"What would the world think if you got married? Hm?" She asked making me sit back down.

"I mean I don't know." I murmured. I knew at first people would see siblings and married and think incest. But when they get the story, I don't know what they would think. 

"The marriage of two siblings not related by blood and on top of that the heirs to the Min family. You're both a sight to see so you'll be popular with the media. Everyone will want to know more about your story."

"And so?" I asked.

"First, publicity. Your marriage can appeal as the rejuvenated image of the Min corp. The second would be stock prices. Investors will buy stocks from the company that is being talking about everywhere regardless of the management situation. Stocks will definitely go up." She explained herself. 

"Publicity and stocks." I murmured to myself. The plan did make sense.

"Pus, while we have the authority we can cut off the old divisions holding the group back. The Min family will be protected after that."

I didn't understand management but like I thought the plan was making sense from the way eomma was explaining it to me. She knew that in order for me to understand I would need to be told in simple terms. But marriage so soon was worrying me. I didn't want to get married for the company, I wanted to get married out of love.

"Will that really help the Min corp and family?" I asked her.

"Well the chance of my plan succeeding is about 30%." She answered honestly.