Regression?

TW: Semi-panic attack? fluffiness

3rd POV
Virgil eyes fluttered open, his mouth opening as a yawn slipped out. He sat up in his bed, rubbing his still tired eyes. Virgil tensed in fear as he noticed that he wasn't in his room that he was used to. His eyes darted around the room, his breathing already becoming heavy, his heart speeding up with his anxiety. Virgil tried to get up but in his panic he didn't see that the blanket was twisted around his legs so he fell off the bed with a loud thump. Virgil's mind went fuzzy as he unknowingly started to wail like a child, sinking into his coping mechanism as it kicked in subconsciously. Deceit and Remus, who were watching TV or more specifically animal planet because Remus wanted to watch the animals having sex, heard the thump. They looked at each other thinking the same thing before bolting upstairs. Virgil. They could hear Virgil wailing from inside the room and even though it sounded like he was in distress, Remus and Deceit couldn't help but smile softly. They opened the door slowly as to not scare Virgil an further and found him on the floor with the blanket tangled around his legs, his stuffed cat still on the bed.

Remus goes to get him but was stopped by Deceit putting his arm out in front of him, shaking his head and whispering to him. "He doesn't remember us so we have to start from the very start again" He said. "Go grab his stuffie and hold it out in front of him and wait for him to take it" Remus nodded and went over to the cat and grabbed it. He did what Deceit told him and waited. It took five whole minutes for Virgil to realise what was happening. He wiped his nose which had snot dribbling down and sat up, hugging to blanket close to him. Virgil then gasped and made grabby hands at the stuffie being held in front of him. Remus chuckled and held it out further for him which he instantly grabbed, hugging close to his chest. Deceit suddenly snapped his finger which made Virgil flinch, Deceit ran out of the room and grabbed a box of Virgil's old little things that he kept when Virgil left them. He just couldn't bear to throw them out...too many memories. Deceit entered the room and let out a light laugh as he found Remus holding up his arm while Virgil was hanging off of it, giggling like mad. Deceit walked towards them and held up the box, grabbing their attention. "Look stormcloud. I have presents for you" Deceit said and his heart melted when he saw Virgil's eyes lit up.

"Sit on the bed and I'll give them to you" Deceit said with a laugh as he watched Virgil instantly let go of Remus and crawled on to the bed, sitting while bouncing in excitement. Remus let out a laugh and sat next to Virgil and gave him his stuffie who he had now named Violet for its purple colour. Still smiling, Deceit placed the box on the bed in front of Virgil who was looking at it like it was gold. Deceit sat on the end of the bed. "Go on little one, open it up" Deceit encouraged. Slowly Virgil reached for it and pulled off the top and squealed happily when he saw what was in there. Inside was a purple pacifier that had the words 'stormcloud' in black glittery writing, there was a black cat onesie that had a tail and ears and paws that he could put over his hands at anytime. He also had a black and purple sippy cup and a few bottles of different colours. Virgil instantly pulled out the pacifier and the onesie and held it up to Remus who laughed. "Do you want to put it on?" Remus asked and Virgil nodded his head happily. Remus helped him get out of his clothes but Deceit remembered something. "Hey baby how old do you feel?" He questioned. Virgil shrugged and held up two fingers. "My my what a big boy" Remus exclaimed. Virgil giggled and nodded. "Before you put on the onesie we need to put on a nappy for you stormcloud" Deceit said before summoning one. Virgil pouted but nodded.

After getting Virgil in a onesie and a nappy they went downstairs to watch Frozen 2. Remus got up halfway through the movie going into the kitchen. Remus cut up some fruit and put some chocolate milk into a sippy cup for Virgil. He came out and Virgil's stomach grumbled at sight of food making Deceit chuckle. He grabbed Virgil and sat him in his lap while Remus fed him the fruit, occasionally drinking the milk which he absolutely loved. When he was done Virgil let out a yawn and rubbed his eyes while grumbling tiredly. Deceit noticed and grabbed the paci he put in his pocket just in case and put the nib on his lips. Virgil felt it and opened his mouth, taking it and sucking on it quietly. Virgil then looked up at Deceit, his eyes shinning brightly. "What you 'ame?" He asked, tilting his head. Deceit gave him a soft smile. "I'm Deceit" He replied. Virgil frowned but then smiled as much as he could with the paci in his mouth. "Deedee!" He exclaimed raising his hands up almost whacking Deceit in the face. Virgil then pointed to Remus. "-at his name?" He asked. Remus heard and turned around to face Virgil with one of his rare non-psychotic smile on his face. "My name little stormcloud is Remus" He said bopping Virgil on the nose making him giggle. "ReeRee!" He giggled. Their hearts just melted at the sight of the little. They had missed this. When Virgil lived with them they always took care of Virgil when he sunk into his little space whenever Virgil was stressed or had a panic attack.

Deceit felt the younger side lean into his chest more and checked on him only to find him asleep with the paci falling out of his mouth. Remus noticed and stood up, taking Virgil from Deceit's arms, making sure to grab the pacifier before carrying him to his room. Remus gently placed Virgil down on the bed and turned to leave but was stopped by Virgil gripping onto his hand. "Stay" He whined tiredly. Remus sighed but smiled for the million time and crawled into bed next to Virgil who immediately snuggled into his chest, sighing in contempt. Remus chuckles and runs his fingers through his faded purple hair. Virgil then starts fussing in his sleep, whining. Remus starts panicking before hitting himself on the head. He grabbed the paci the was in his pocket and placed in Virgil's mouth. Virgil stopped whining and fussing and bunched Remus's shirt in his hands, holding on for dear life. Remus sighed in relief and rested his head on the bed frame behind him, slowly drifting asleep. Deceit, who was left downstairs to clean up (thanks Remus), opened the door to find a regressed emo and a sleeping duke. Their hair looked like a birds nest, their clothes all wrinkled up but they looked so cute and Deceit couldn't resist taking a photo of them. He then snuck into the room, lifting up the covers and covering himself with them. Deceit grabbed Virgil's cold hand and held it in his own warm hands, slowly falling asleep feeling at peace with the ones he love.

I am sorry that this is late! If I got anything wrong about age regression please tell me. As always stay tuned for the next chapter. ❤️