The day we met

Chapter I

Work load and pressure have been piling up and I can't seem to handle it anymore. I'm thinking of just leaving work and go back home, find a better company to work with and be with my family. But something's stopping me to leave.

"Hey, i passed a slip sis. If u mind?" my workmate Janne tapped me. I looked at my desk and slips are piled up, I mouthed sorry and saw the number of clients increasing. I went back to work while thinking what's stopping me. I absent-mindedly finished the slips and continued working quietly.

"You're absent-minded ma'am Annie, what's wrong?" a sudden question from a daily client. Miss Karen, a retired teacher in the province and a sweet old lady. "Oh, I'm sorry ma'am if I'm too obvious. But I'm okay, just thinking of someone," with that,  she smiled suspiciously and gave me a wink.
"Don't worry he's thinking 'bout you too," she giggled before saying goodbye. I silently laughed and waved goodbye.
When the office was emptied, my workmates teased me and asked who the guy is. At the moment,  my mind was cleared thinking of leaving.

The teasing suddenly stopped when a client stepped in. He's tall and handsome, has a smily and sweet face. He looked me in the eye and that made my heart flatter. He smiled at me before he left our office.
"That's him," I told everyone and they just laugh.
"He's your style huh!" Gail said and started teasing me.

Days, weeks passed but that young, tall man never came. I'm waiting for him to come but he didn't.
That afternoon, Lhianne and Sandra, the two preggies in the office invited us to go around and shop for their needs since they're nearing their due date. "Who's next to get bloated?" Gail asked. Me and Janne both responded "you" then laughed hard. We're the only single in the office and have no interest in having relationship as of the moment.

After work, the five of us walked around town to look for what they might need before and after giving birth. "So Annie, would you like to go out with someone?" Sandra suddenly asked. I wiggled my head and said nope. Then mr. tall and handsome popped up in my head. Wondering where he works in the area.

We entered the store Sandra keeps mentioning, there are plenty of beauty products as she say and she's right when she said that my lipstick brand is here. I'm looking for a store that sells my lipstick brand but found nothing, not until now. I checked the colors that they have and was looking for my favorite color when a man approached me, he's short, dark and quite have the looks. He's smiling and have such a sweet face like that young man I wanted to see, again.
"Which color are you looking ma'am?" he asked. I smiled and mention the color I'm looking for.
"We have that color ma'am, just ask at the counter," he said and entertained Gail next. I looked around for more since my colleagues are still checking some items. I'm actually near the counter but no one's there so I checked the items displayed near it. "Can i help you ma'am?" a sweet and deep voice asked. I turned around and flastered at the sight. I smiled and tried to find something to say. How lucky am i, the man standing in front of me is the man i'm wishing and hoping to see. The young, tall man with a sweet and smily face.
"U-uhmm," I stattered. "I'm actually waiting..." I really can't seem to find what to say so I pointed the counter.
"Oh!" he said and went inside the counter and asked me what i need. I laughed and he did the same, I told him what i'm looking for and paid for it.

"Thank you for shopping Miss Banker," he said and smiled sweetly. I giggled and thanked him. I can't remove the smile on my face and my workmates are looking at me, confused.
"You're smiling from ear to ear Annie," Gail said and covered my mouth. Sandra started teasing me and everyone followed. They thought that i got a crush on that salesboy, mr. short, dark and handsome.
The teasing went on 'til we part ways. My smile never fade and it never left my face. The moment I saw him, again, I knew I like him but it doesn't mean I'm gonna fall in love with him. Crush, maybe. He really have a likable face and it's impossible that he'll like someone like me. I'm just your ordinary nobody girl neighbor. 

"Hey bud, how you doin'?" he rolled his eyes and that made me laugh. He is really ugly when he does that.
"Stop laughing Ann, I had a very bad and rough day." He look exhausted and tired. I giggled then went on to tell how my day was. Meeting that man again and hoping to meet him more and probably get to know him, be his friend maybe. I also describe how handsome he is, his sweet smile, deep lovely voice, his captivating eyes, theway he talks and laugh, though i heard it ones, his figure that looks so perfect and with that, Owen rolled his eyes. I actually did check him out before we left the shop.
"Another crush huh?" he said and sighed. "Y'know you're a hopeless romantic bud. Stop looking for handsome men, will you? Find someone who can feed you 3 times a day. Be realistic not imaginative." His lecture started again.

"Bud, let's not touch that level yet, okay. It's too early, plus liking him is different from love duuh!"

"Okaaaay! But you sound like you wanna be HIS GIRL" he emphasized HIS GIRL in an annoying way. I rolled my eyes and changed the topic before he starts giving a looooooong lecture. Nobody would love to hear him preach.

***

I'm trying to find a reason to visit the shop where he works but always fails to find one. I wanted to see his face again but I can't find the courage to go see him at the shop. Plus, I can't go out, roam around the place when I'm alone.
How I wish I know his name and just stalk his account, check his pictures out and if I find the courage to add him, then maybe, might add him.

"Hey, world to Annie please," I was startled and stood up straight. Our manager's back and her strict aura's clouding the room.

"Sorry ma'am"

She eyes my paper works and I tried to put my mind on working but it's no hope. He keeps popping in my head, he's smile keeps on appearing.

***

Before my lunch break ends, Gail asked me to accompany her and buy some treats. She's been stressed with her work as well, since our manager came back, papers never left our table.

We've visited tons of stores but we can't find her favorite flavor, we visited few more stores and we're actually near J's Shoppe, the shop where HE works. I got a little bit excited and was totally happy when Gail wanted to look around. She assured that we won't be late and went in. I tried to look around and approached the counter but luck's not on my side. He isn't there and someone new, maybe, was in his place. With a disappointed look, I went out and wait for Gail.

We walked back and was welcomed by our manager's serious face.

"You two,  your lunch is over 2 minutes ago," she said seriously. We both rushed in and sat on our tables. Gail glanced and giggled silently, I did the same and signed shushed.

After work, Gail, Janne, Lhianne, Sandra and I talked about what happened. We laughed at our manager's face amd tried to imitate her.
We were laughing when I bump into someone, he's rushing and just shouted sorry. All I saw was his lean back, running against our direction.

"How I wish we saw his face, maybe, he's your 'the one' already" Sandra said looking where the guy disappeared.

I laughed at how desperate she is at finding the one for me and Janne. She wanted us to date someone, and she's like obssessed about it. Never a day pass without her telling us 'find someone to date.'

I'm always the last to leave, I still have to wait for my ride. My aunt's picking me up every afternoon, after work and its very convinient for me, I don't have to worry 'bout my fare expense.
I am waiting when someone, suddenly, sat beside me. I tried to look at him, yes its a he, through my peripheral but its blurry.

"Hi miss banker"

I froze at my seat. OH MY GOOOOSH! I WANNA SQUEAL but I have to keep my composure. I tried to collect and gain my confidence before responding back.

"H-hi!" my tone's too pitchy and it made him giggle.

"Sorry about what happened awhile back," he then said. I got confused and my forehead creased,  a sign of confusion and he explained that he was the one who bumped me. He's really in a rush and has no time to say a proper sorry. I accepted his apology and we started to get comfortable talking with each other.

***