Seraneah was laying down on her bed reading when the door swung open and there was Oliver, "Hurry up and get your things packed, we're leaving in thirty minutes!"

"What?," Seraneah asked.

"In thirty minutes, pack up your bags, hurry!," was all he said before running out of the room and down the steps.

Seraneahs eyebrows furrowed in confusion but she still stood up and hollered down the steps, "Where are we going?"

"The beach!," it was a different voice this time, Diana's.

Seraneah grabbed a random bag and started stuffing her bathing suit, her towel, and a canvas and her paints set to keep her entertained. She threw it over her shoulder and ran down the steps to find Lenny and Victor sitting on the sofa each carrying a bag.

"Where is everyone else?," she asked.

"I don't know, I've been waiting for five minutes already," Victor replied.

She sighed heavily and sat down onto the middle of the couch, "Whose idea was it to go to the beach?"

"Diana."

"Then where is she?"

All Victor did was shrug.

✩✩✩✩✩

Kara was already in the car, she was the best driver, anyone else behind the wheel would probably make them end up in the hospital with fifty different injuries except for maybe the exception of Blair. She pulled out of the driveway and stopped it right in front of the house.

"Get in losers!," she yelled, honking furiously.

"Coming!," Victor shouted back yanking his companions off the sofa and pulling them into the car.

"Where are the others?," said Kara.

"I dunno."

"Well that's very fucking helpful isn't it Victor?," she pushed the car door open and stomped into the house. The three in the car could hear shouting and yelling coming from inside. Kara came out pulling Diana and Blair along while the other two boys trudged behind. She shoved them into the car and then got in herself, "Is everyone here because I'm not coming back for anyone."

"Yep, everyone's here," Victor confirmed after counting everyone.

"Great!"

✩✩✩✩

They arrived at the beach a little after noon, everyone got out of the car and helped take things out. Once everything was laid out properly, they took turns changing into their swimsuits in the car.

Kara immediately pulled off the sweater she was wearing over her swimsuit and dived into the water, she wasn't really one for swimming since it usually messed up her carefully styled hair and makeup but they had been in such a rush that she couldn't get ready properly.

"I thought you hated swimming," Liam said, taking off his shirt and joining her in the water, "You never went in before."

"Well that was when I had just curled my hair and didn't want it to get messed up, but now that I look like a hot mess, I might as well make the most of it. Now shut up about it before I drown you," she smiled at the end of the sentence before dunking her head back underwater.

Blair rolled her eyes at the two figures wrestling in the water as she sat down on a towel to do her homework, this assignment was going to be a tenth of her grade so she worked on it everywhere they went.

"What's that?," said Seraneah, sitting down beside her.

"Just some homework," she murmured rubbing her eyes.

"But we're supposed to be having fun."

"This is a tenth of my grade."

"A tenth? That isn't too much."

"It is to me. You wouldn't understand, you're...," her voice trailed off at the end, not wanting to finish the sentence.

Seraneah however looked unaffected, "C'mon! Your always hunched over doing homework at home, it's time for you to loosen up a bit."

"Well what do you want me to do?"

"You can put down your book first...and help me with my sandcastle?," she said, grinning sheepishly and gesturing to a half built mound of sand.

"What? I'm not wasting my time on that."

"Please," Seraneah whined, pouting.

Blair sighed but still stood up, "You have to mix five handfuls into every fifteen handfuls of sand to give it the right texture and density to be able to hold shape."

"Great! You go do that and I'll go get some seashells to decorate," Seraneah patted her shoulder and skipped away, holding her bag in her hands to fill up with whatever she could find to decorate.

✩✩✩✩✩

It had been a few hours since they'd arrived at the beach and everyone was passing around the picnic Seraneah had packed (it was supposed to be for dinner later tonight but it had so be sacrificed.) It was roast beef, homemade fries, and a pink iced vanilla cake for dessert.

Seraneah sighed, "If it wasn't for me all of you would have starved to death by now."

"That's not true! I know how to heat up ramen," Liam interjected.

"Oh shut up, we all know she's right," Blair said.

Seraneah smiled smugly before leaning back onto the car, "Look! The sunset is so pretty. I need to get my paints!" She darted into the car to grab a canvas and her paint set and sat back down outside, painting out the orange sky in careful, methodical strokes.

Everyone fell into a hushed silence as the sun slipped down from the sky and the stars lit it back up again.

Oliver even fell asleep, huddled up in his beach towel. Diana had to yell in his ear to get him awake and even then he walked around like a zombie with his eyes halfway closed.

Once everything was packed up and Kara was behind the wheel in the driver's seat they drove off into the night sky to their house.