The Truth Untold

***

"I just hope that he never knows the truth; what actually happened to him."

Flashback ~ six months ago

Dr. Namjoon was called immediately when a psychopathic patient was brought into the hospital. He was out of control. Even those six people were not enough to hold the man, as he continuously kept tussling to set himself free.

"What happened to him?" Namjoon asked the nurse as soon as he entered.

"Don't know sir. He's been like this since he was brought here."

"You can never hold me back! You'll die, do you hear me? YOU'LL DIE!!!!" He shrieked loudly and kept panting heavily as his eyes had gotten bloodshot.

"Give him the injection." Namjoon said after a brief silence and continued to do his job.

Outside, Hoseok and Emma were horrified to see their friend in such a terrible condition. They wondered what had gone so wrong that it had costed him such a high price. But all they could do was to pray for him to be okay.

After almost twelve hours, finally the doctor came out and asked them to follow him to his cabin.

"Doctor, how is he?" Hoseok asked after they were inside.

"Please take a seat. I've given him sedatives, he'll be asleep for awhile. I need to ask a few questions and you'll have to answer honestly." Namjoon waited for the response of the pair.

"Okay, but is he alright?"

"Did he have a rough childhood or past?" He asked, ignoring the question the girl just asked.

Hoseok looked at him briefly before stating, "Not really. But he used to be a little weird when he was young."

"Like?"

"His parents and my parents were quite close. I remember, when he was young, he had a habit of talking to himself. Not just talk; it was some sort of jumping from one character to another. Whenever asked, he used to say that he's talking to his friends. His parents didn't give that much of a thought as they thought that it was his some sort of skills in acting. Even in school plays, he used to give incredible performances. He could do any kind of role or all at once! The problem grew when he slowly began to isolate himself from everyone. He spent most of his time, talking to himself. He was so involved with himself that he didn't even eat with his parents. So they took him to a psychiatrist. He told them that it was not a big problem. All he needed was more time with his family. They followed his advice and for some time it was fine. But then his parents died in a car crash. He was in middle school then. And my parents adopted him as we were the only people they were close with. At first it was difficult for him to settle down. But eventually he opened up. Then he met Emma. We all became very good friends but his habit of talking to himself never went away. We thought of it in a funny way, nothing serious. But to our dismay, it took other forms. There were times when he would have very frequent mood swings. Then it was yesterday when he came to my place. He seemed quite disturbed but didn't even come inside. He just slipped a note in my hand, gave me a look and walked away."

"What did it say?"

"It said,

'Please save me. My friend is after me.'

I didn't know what to do. So I told Emma and we decided to bring him here. But the moment we entered, he went all crazy and........"

"I understood." The young doctor said before slipping into a deep thought.

"What happened to him doctor?" Emma spoke as soon as he responded.

Namjoon took a deep breath to gather some courage for what he was about to say.