Chapter 1: Usami

Haida walked into the room, a huge headache hitting him.
"Ugh, Fenneko why didn't you tell me to stop drinking so much..." Haida groaned, leaning against the wall.
"I told you once. I don't beg, you know." Fenneko replied, typing onto her computer.
"Here, I'll clean Mr. Ton's desk for you," Retsuko said.
"Thanks Retsuko, But really, you don't have to..I put this on myself.." Haida sat down, his head hurting like hell.
It took only a few minutes for the trio to hear stomping coming from the halls.
"R-Retsuko...you need any help?" Haida quietly whispered. Retsuko shook her head and barely finished, running to her seat as soon as she heard the doorknob shaking.
"We all work as a team, you see!" Ton said, with his creepy smile.
"Huh?" Retsuko said.
"That's weird. He usually never smiles unless some new person's been hired." Fenneko observed.
"I see." Said an unfamiliar voice. She took one step inside, smiling at them.
"And these are my coworkers?"
"Yup! Fenneko here will be teaching you how to manage everything, isn't that right Fenneko?" He viciously stared at Fenneko.
"Yes sir!" Fenneko said, raising her paw.
"And you! Calen- err I mean Retsuko! You'll have to move to Anai's seat! And you! Fenneko! Move over to Retsuko's seat, Usami will now be sitting there." Ton pointed at the seat. The fluffy white rabbit took her seat.
"So you're Fenneko, huh? I've seen you around." Usami said, pulling her phone out.
"Huh? Really? Where?" Fenneko leered. Fenneko was the stalker, not Usami!
"I have a friend of mine that works in sales. He took some pictures of the last happy hour you guys had, and you were in them. Nothing weird." Usami clarified, relieving Fenneko.
"So, Usami? What made you interested working here?" Haida asked, curiously peeking over her phone.
"I wanted to be with my friends mostly. Although I also need the money." She scrolled through Paw-book.
"Why didn't you join sales then? Just curious."
"If I need the money I can't be with my friends. We'd act like such clowns. I wouldn't get anything done. Trust me, it's what the teachers in high school and college said." Usami laughed.
"Well you chose the wrong department...Mr. Ton's "nice guy" facade is really gonna bite you in the ass when Fenneko's done teaching you."
"I already know that. His smile wasn't genuine. It doesn't matter though, I have my own form of stress relief."
"Dang, your intuition is spot on!" Haida said, grinning.
"Okay Usami, so whenever we get a phone call, you answer like this," Fenneko said, lifting the phone to her ear. "Hello, this is Fenneko from accounting speaking. How may I help you?" Fenneko said, with a smile. "And always speak politely, because the phones here often get tapped."
"They do?!" Haida asked, loud enough to get Ton's attention.
"Yeah, did you not know that?"
"N-not really, uhh.." Haida broke his sentence.
Fenneko laughed. "You aught to hear this then." She grabbed the phone and called Retsuko.
"Hey Fenneko! We shouldn't be playing around at work, I really don't want to do overtime." Retsuko said, hanging up.
"C'mon, do it for Usami and Haida!" Fenneko tried to convince her.
"Fine! But make it quick." Retsuko muttered, hoping Ton wasn't listening. Fenneko called her again, and Retsuko, making sure to make it not suspicious as possible, said all her lines.
"Take a look." Fenneko said. "All that static noise. Plus, I can hear myself speak on my phone. It's recording the call." Fenneko hung up. "I'm pretty sure the bosses are doing this. It's probably why so many people are getting fired randomly."
"Jesus, okay! I'll make sure to keep my temper intact. Do we get Karens often?"
"Yeah. We do. Although Retsuko or Haida usually deal with them before I or anyone else can snap."
"Retsuko must really have an outstanding amount of self control!" Usami said, smiling at Retsuko.
"What about me? I'm always nice." Haida groaned with a laugh.
"You mean you kiss ass? Yeah I've noticed." Fenneko said, smiling at the screen.
"Hey!" Haida said. "It's not my fault I'm liked by the customers."
"Guys, you need to chill out! Anyways, you guys wanna go drinking after work?"
"Ugh...probably not.." Haida said, his headache coming back to him.
"That's Haida language for yes." Fenneko said, earning an annoyed look from Haida. "Plus, I'd go too."
"Great! What about you Retsuko?"
"Can't. I have plans." Retsuko said.
"Alright then." Usami's smile faded away.
"Don't worry, you'll get used to it. She never says yes." Fenneko whispered to her.
"Wow. How come?"
"Well on Tuesdays and Thursdays, she has yoga. Every other day...who knows? She hasn't mentioned anything new and I've searched and no dice." Fenneko whispered back.
"Honestly it's kind of a bummer. Without her, it just feels...off." Haida said, slightly eyeing Retsuko.
"I'll change that. I'm the party animal type whenever my friends want to throw one." Usami said, smiling.
The work day ended soon, and as usual, Retsuko still had a stack of papers to finish.
"Um...you know, if you need any help I'm always available. Don't stress yourself out too much." Haida said, while Fenneko and Usami left.
"....this is fine." Retsuko said, forcing a smile on her face.
"Didn't you have plans after work?"
"Yeah. It's not that important though." Retsuko lied. Actually yoga was a huge deal to her because of the time she would be able to spend with Gori and Washimi, but being Retsuko, she tried to believe her lie that she didn't care.
"Um...Alright then." Haida waved goodbye and caught up with the others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~By the time Retsuko finally finished, yoga had been over.
That sucks, but maybe I'll go out for a drink by myself than maybe some karaoke.
Retsuko walked the way to the bar when she heard some familiar voices.
"Karaoke? I've never done it." Haida said, rubbing his chin.
"I'll see how good your music taste and singing skills are." Fenneko said.
"Hopefully I don't shock you too much.." Usami said. Surprisingly, they looked drunk, but weren't acting much like it.
"Hopefully I don't shock you too much?" What the hell?!
Retsuko didn't know why, but she had to see what the commotion was about. She waited behind the karaoke building for about 10 minutes after they've entered and finally made her way in.
Wonder what her "secret" is...