Chapter 10; One Year Ago

Pippa's POV

I woke up the next morning right next to Jazzy on the couch. She was still asleep, so I quietly got up and went to check on Jess, who was also still asleep. The clock read 9.43am, which was a lot later then I usually got up, but today was my day off. I went to the kitchen to make some coffee, and just as I was pouring myself a cup I heard jasmine walk in. "Hi." She said. "Morning. Did you sleep well? My couch isn't that comfy." I chuckled. "It was great. Is Jess up?" I shook my head. "When does Jess start rehearsals?" (A/N i cba to come up with a show so its up to u lmao) I looked over at the schedule on the fridge. "Monday at 11.30." Today was Saturday. Jasmine's phone started to ring from the other room. "Probably Anthony wondering where I am." She said as she walked away. Just then, Jess walked in, wearing a massive oversized hoodie and leggings. "Hi Jess. How are you?" She just smiled. "Jess you can talk to me." I set my coffee down and walked over to her. She was standing next to fridge reaching for the cereal. As she pulled it from the shelf, her hands started shaking and she dropped the box, and cereal spilled all over the floor. She jumped backwards and said "Pippa I'm so sorry." She was crying now. "Jess it's okay. We can clear it up. Please talk to me." I placed my hand on her shoulder and guided her towards the couch. Jasmine was off the phone now, and when she saw us walk in, Jess shaking and crying, she ran towards her. "Jess are you okay?" Her voice was shaky. All Jess did was shake her head and slowly hand her phone to Jazzy. Jazzy unlocked it onto even more messages from those girls, somehow even worse than before. Jasmine's looked like her heart had broken into a million pieces, and when she handed the phone to me I understood why. "Okay Jess. Sit down for me. Do you want to sit here or move to the couch?" I said. Jess didn't say anything. "Okay. Let's just sit here. Grab my hands." Jess grabbed onto my hands and we sat on the floor, Jasmine right next to us. "Jess I want you to copy my breathing as much as you can okay?" She nodded and tried as best as she could. She was starting to sweat and her body was shaking uncontrollably. "Jess baby look at me. You're gonna be okay. It might not feel like it but everything will be fine. Do you want to take that hoodie off you look boiling?" Jess hesitated and then nodded. Jasmine helped her because she was shaking too much to be able to do it herself. She still had bandages stained with blood wrapped tightly around her wrist. When she saw them she began to shake more and sob. "Oh Jess. Come here." She pulled Jess close, placing her bandaged arm behind her so Jess couldn't see it. Jess's breathing got slightly better, but she was still struggling. "They- they told me to-" She stopped to sob. "You don't have to say it. It's okay." jasmine said. 

"I need to show you something." Jess said suddenly as she wiped away her tears. Me and Jasmine looked at each other worried and got up, following her to her bedroom. "Don't worry, I haven't hurt myself again." I let out a small sigh of relief, but was still worried. We walked in and she sat on her bed, pulling something out of her bag. It was a blue book that looked completely full. "Every time I... you know?" We nodded. "I write down in here the reason. There's a specific one that I want you to read." She flipped through to the middle of the book, the pages along the way filled with writing, a couple with pictures. Jess winced at one picture, and ripped it out. Jasmine picked it up and threw it in the trash for her. She stopped on one page that looked particularly full and handed the book to us after a few seconds of hesitation. "I've never told anyone this before. Please dont tell anyone else. This was what I wrote a year ago today." I help it between Jasmine and I as we read.

TW!! Mentions of rape and self harm.

'June 22nd. Today was the worst day of my life. It started off fine. Mum drove to to school and we were singing in the car together. But when I got to school and walked over to my locker, Kayla was standing there with her stupid group. I walked up to her and tried to get to my locker, but she pushed me out of the way and said "Move it fatty. I was here first." I ignored her and waited at the other side of the corridor until she was gone. by the time I eventually got to my locker, I was late for class, so I ran towards the door at full speed. But, just as I was about to open the door, I felt a hand pull my aside and into the bathrooms. I soon realised it was Kayla and her friends, but they also had Charlie and Matthew with them. "They can't be in here this is the girls bathroom." I was trying not to cry at this point. "Oh Jess we don't care." One of the girls, Kristen, said smirking. "Boys we're leaving now. She's all yours." tears poured from my eyes as I realised what was about to happen. I froze on the stop.'

Jasmine and I gasped as we got to the same bit, also realising what was about to happen to her.

'I crawled into the back corner but Matthew grabbed my and pulled me forward and into one of the stalls. They locked to door behind us and began to rip my clothes off me. They-'

I couldn't keep reading. "Jess, they raped you?" She nodded and put her head on my shoulder. I hugged her as she cried. "Jess I'm so sorry. Did you report it to the police?" She shook her head against my shoulder. "They said if I did, they would kill me." I gasped and so did Jasmine. "When I got home that day, I cut myself so bad I thought I was going to die." She sobbed quietly. She pulled up her t-shirt to reveal 5 long scars, that looked like they were from yesterday. "These are a year old, but they still look fresh." Jasmine moved closer to her and hugged her tight. "You don't deserve any of this Jess. We'll help you. we'll file a police report against those girls, and those boys. We'll get you a new phone and make sure they can't contact you gain. We'll help you in anyway we can, we promise." I nodded along as Jasmine spoke. "I think I need therapy." Jess whispered. "I'll call someone. If you think you need therapy, then we'll get you a therapist. We want what's best for you, Jess. You can always talk to us." Jess smiled through her tears, and I pulled both of them into a hug.

1219 words :)

oh my goddd i passed 100 read woah. it may not seem like a lot but i didn't even think i would get 10 haha. anyway, im creating so much tea in this story lmao, it's gonna get better for jess soon i promise. obviously, i cant just get rid of all the shit thats happened so its gonna be slow but it will get better for her :) have the best day ily all <3