Chapter One: Kaminari Denki

"This is my classroom." Aizawa announced as he walked through the door, catching me hiding.

"Sorry, Eraserhead." I apologized, though I didn't leave.

He looked at me momentarily but didn't make another remark, instead he climbed into his sleeping bag and dozed off. I watched, jealously, as he slept.

My quirk 'Death Sight' has practical uses, of course. I'm not a flashy pro hero; I avoid doing much hero work, at all. I'm usually only called in when there's a big mission going on - not to help with the mission - but I'm simply prompted to sleep and report any deaths I see so that the heroes can avoid some dangers during their mission.

When I first decided to pursue being a hero, I was very young. I thought with my quirk I could save a lot of people. I didn't realize that the hero society would be like it was - I had an unrealistic passion still. I wanted to save people directly, not help heroes cheat death. Plus, my predictions didn't always save the lives I wanted to - sometimes I had to carry the guilt of not being able to do enough. It seemed like my quirk just became more of a curse than a power.

The door opened as a student made their way inside.

"Oh, he's sleeping again." A blonde haired boy stated before turning to me, "Oh! You're Expiration Date! You just gave that lecture earlier - your quirk is awesome!"

I forced a smile at him, "Yeah, I did. What's your name then?"

"Kaminari Denki." He responded, "my quirk is Electrification."

"I see. That's a much more impressive quirk." I responded, laying my head down on the desk I was sitting at.

"Well I came to give my teacher some papers. I'll just leave them here."

I watched as the student put down some papers on Eraserhead's desk.

"Mind staying for a chat?" I asked, not really caring if he agreed or not but I was starting to get tired and needed something to keep me awake.

I made small talk with the student for a whole hour, it mostly consisted of him talking about all his classmates different quirks - he tended to talk mostly about his classmates Katsuki Bakugo and Shoto Todoroki. I was curious to meet them after how interesting he made their quirks sound. But I had more lectures to do soon.

"You should come visit our class during training sometime!"

"That's enough, Kaminari." Aizawa finally crawled out of his sleeping bag, rubbing his head, "you can't invite people to our classes without my permission."

The student awkwardly apologized.

"But you're welcome to watch my class, anytime. We do have an impressive bunch this year, if you're interested." Eraserhead gave a short sigh, "but All Might usually shows up for all our training and I know you guys have a weird relationship."

"Oh, tea?" Kaminari cut in.

"Kaminari, get out. This isn't class time."

The student obeyed his teacher and left the room.

"I asked him to stay a while. He was just dropping off some paperwork for you." I explained, laying my head back down on the desk, "I'm exhausted. It was pretty dirty of you to nap right in front of me."

"Where's your medicine? Doesn't that keep you alert?"

"It just curbs the more aggressive side effects of not sleeping. I still get tired. Caffeine hardly effects me anymore." I stared at his deflated sleeping bag, "I wish I could just get a few minutes of sleep."

"You know I can erase your quirk if you really need a short nap that bad. But it really won't last very long - and you have more lectures to do." Eraserhead seemed to just offer because he felt forced to.

"I'll be fine. I've endured most my life." I stood up from the student's desk I was sitting at, "but I will take you up on that offer and stop by your class. There's some students I've heard about and I'm sort of curious."

"I actually have a student I was hoping you'd speak with. It's not my student - he's not in a hero course. He's sort of like you were, couldn't make the hero course despite an impressive quirk." Eraserhead approached me, "I mean he's a little different than you, I can certainly tolerate him better. I think he'd make a great hero, someday. I just was seeing if you could chat with him to make sure he hasn't lost his drive, is all."

"Who's the student?"

"Hitoshi Shinso." Eraserhead replied, "I'd do it myself but I'm not really the type to be good with my words."