Falling for False Promises

an excerpt from a google document full of daily musings. 

_

25th May 2020

There is no light in this consuming darkness, nor flowers in the fields. Nothing seems to matter, and I wish that happiness was true. Because it seems like a forced reaction now, to smile and laugh and shout. After all, what is true joy supposed to feel like when there's nothing to be happy about?

I read a book just now, and my favourite character's personality was just a lie. I watched the same show again - but the love interest just dies for the thousandth time. Even some of my clothes in the wardrobe have been left untouched. If this is what happiness is supposed to feel like, then what am I living for?

I am surrounded, not by blooming flowers, but the fleeting memories of wilting flowers long gone. The room is cold, but fails to shield me from the sun's warmth. With a life lacking positivity, all motivation seems to be a lost cause.

There is no light in the consuming darkness, nor flowers in the fields. I know that there's no happiness left now, yet I wish that life wasn't so blue.

But then again, isn't it all my fault for falling for false promises like a fool?

_

A/N - I thought that this was applicable to life in general so here you are :') Have a lovely day!