The Discovery

I was sitting in a chair in the DNA testing facility next to my mother. I was feeling odd, perhaps because I might soon find out who my Grandfather was, or perhaps because my mother refused to let me wear my customary Armani suit and Prada loafers. Why? I don't know.

Just than the secretary called my name, "Fredric Sitler, please come to the front desk". I got shakily to my feet. Finally, after years of wondering, I would figure out who my Grandfather actually was. As I approached the front desk, I saw the grave face of John Miller, the man who had conducted the tests. He looked at me pitifully before he suggested that me speak somewhere more private. I was wondering why he looked so sad as we walked down one of the endless halls of the facility. Just as I was getting up the courage to ask why he wanted to speak in private, he led me into an office just off the hallway. As I walked into the office, my breath was taken away from me as I looked out the window. It was a spectacular view of Manhattan, 70 floors above Broadway Avenue in the centre of Manhatten. "Stunning view isn't it," Mr. Miller said from behind me. "Yes, sir," I replied,"Now who is my Grandfather?" Again, he looked at me sadly as he said, "Adolf Hitler..."