Chapter Two

I gasp in horror, "DAD?!"

What I see is truly terrifying. My dad is lying on the ground, a gun in his hand. I immediately run to his side. I collapse right beside him, shaking. In true anger and frustration, I let out a terrifyingly pained scream.

I rip my phone from my pocket and quickly call the ambulance.
That's when I notice something in his other hand. I look closer... It's a piece of paper. So I gently grasp it and put it in my pocket. I then hear the loud sirens of the ambulance. I hurriedly got him in my arms (it wasn't that easy, he's really heavy). I run as fast as I can.

*Note From Author- On every level there is a police station, fire station, ambulance, etc.*

As soon as I get outside I am greeted by people in white jump suites with big red pluses, white hats, and normal brown boots. They take my father from my hands and start carrying him away.

Someone is coming up to me, I am guessing that it's a nurse or someone that works at the hospital.
She then says as gently as possible like I might brake if she hadn't, "What happened?"
I open my mouth but before I can speak there is a yell for all of the hospitals employees.
She lookes back for a second then back at me, "Hey come along with us back to the hospital and tell us everything." She takes my hand reassuringly and guides me to the ambulance vehicle. i can hear what she's thinking, I've got to keep this girl calm.

I get in the vehicle and She sits next to me, "My name is Katie Watson I'm a nurse that works here at the hospital"
Then she asks again, "what exactly happened..." Katie then quickly says after, "If I may ask!!" Waving her hands in the air like as if she was apologizing for something,
"I... don't know. I came home from hanging out with my friends to find him laying in a puddle of some blood..." I say quietly quivering in shock and confusion, trying to stop crying.

Katie says, "Oh... Sorry. Well here would you like a tissue?"
"Ya" I answer taking a few tissues from her hand, when the ambulance comes to a hault.

"Ok we're here" Katie says. When we're out of the truck, I look around for my dad since he wasn't in the ambulance we rode here. I cant see him, but I can see the hospital. The hospital is a huge white building. It's even bigger than our house! And it has a lot of windows, I'm guessing one for every room.

I've only been to the hospital twice. The first time I was 5 and had sprained my ankle playing at the park. The second one I was 11 and has to go because my friend had gotten really sick one time. And those were when I were white young, so the hospital is quite a mystery to me.

Then an ambulance pulls up. It's the one that was behind us on the way here, my dad's ambulance. Someone who was standing outside the hospital opens the doors of the ambulance only to stop moving. What was she doing? That's my dad! The person then starts to pull out the gurney that my dad was on, but there is a black tarp thing on top of him. It almost looks like he is inside of a trash bag.
That's when I realized.
"NOOO, DAD!! "

I collapse on the ground and slam my fists on the ground.
Katie put a hand on my shoulder to make me feel better, I pull my shoulder away and glance up at her and back at the ground, with hot steamy tears flowing down my cheeks as I silently cry. I put my hands over my face. A few seconds later I wipe my tears, still crying.
"Can you take me home?" I ask as plainly as I can.

She gives me a concerned look. I don't return any sign that I cared and got in the vehicle, "What are you waiting for?!" I yell kind of annoyed.

We arrive at my house, "Hey are you going to be o-" katie gets cut off with a, "Yes."
I go inside and sit on my bed, to cry and cry and cry and.... Cry.

I felt so broken.

So dead.

So... Not Me.

It's now 2:30 in the morning... I'm not going to school today, "I cant..." I whisper to myself. Holding back more tears that threatened to fall.

I look in the mirror

I looked so tired. My skin as pale and white as always. It looked like I was getting Skinner... I should probably eat something soon. My pitch black hair was long. My eyes emerald looking through a blur of tears.
I felt warm touches of tears rolling down my face.

I wanted to change something. Me looking, living, thinking the way I always have, with my dad.
I walked out of the room for a second and came back, holding scissors.

I pulled at my hair, getting all of it in my free hand. In my other I had the scissors, and then I started cutting. As the hair fell so did my tears.

I dropped the scissors.

And crawled on my bed.
And eventually fell asleep.

When I open my eyes I see hair on the ground next to my mirror, along with scissors.

I remember now. My hair. It's gone.
I get up rush to the mirror, I see that my pure black haired was short. Shorter than I imagined it to be. I got to the kitchen to get a granola bar. I took a bite and realized Im not as hungry as I thought

This was his favorite food.

I have no more of an appetite.
________________________________

# Words: 984