The Party

Remind me why did I agreed to come to this fucking party.Oh,cause at the moment it felt like an amazing choice.Right now I was sitting on the bar stool with my non-alcoholic dink in my hands watching drunk people dancing together like there's no tomorrow.Never had I ever in 21 years of life had been drunk even when I got the chance illegally. My sight went on that clearly too drunk couple as they were grinding there bodies on each other.Disgusting!

''I'm guessing your'e not a party person'' A voice said from behind as I was almost on the verge of dropping my drink because of his surprise visit.

''Sorry,not meant to scare you''he quickly apologized.''No,it's okay and yes I'm not a party person.'' I replied as he came in front of me and sat on the stool facing mine.

''You don't look like your'e from here,are you" he asked.

"You guessed right,no I'm not from here. I am from India."

''India,lovely little country.'' I smiled at his compliment.''So,what made you come here?You don't have to share.I am so sorry if that is anything personal.''

''Nah,it's alright I can talk about it. I was eight years old when my sister,dad and mom were killed in a car accident.I thought I had got over it after all these years but I guess I was wrong,I just needed a escape from there so as soon as I saw this opening I thought to give it a shot.One single click on the keyboard and the next thing that I knew was that I was on a plane to Los Angeles and the rest is history.''

''I'm so sorry about it .''

''No,it's alright it's not your fault.'' He was just about to say something else when Shawn came with a very drunk Camila by his side.''She's really drunk so I think I'll just take her home'' Shawn said.

''Okay,I'll leave then too''I said as picked up my purse and got up.

''But how are you going to go?'' Shawn asked.

''I'll probably take a ca'' I said as I took out my phone and was about to book a cab when Niall spoke out,''At this hour,no we are letting you go by a cab.I'll drop you.''

''No,it's okay.I don't wanna be a problem for you,I can just take a cab.''

''No Maya,Niall will drop you off I'm sure he doesn't mind''  Shawn said.

''Are you sure?'' I asked looking at Niall. He nodded his head in approval.''Okay then,let's go or do you wanna stay some more time?''

''No,let's go'' we both said our goodbyes to Shawn and then made our way our way outside the bar. I followed him awkwardly to the parking lot.Once we reached the car like a gentleman that he is he slowly opened the door for me and I slid inside after thanking him. I saw as he made his way towards the driver seat and started driving.

''Niall really thank you so much dropping me.'' I said as he parked his car in front of my house.

''You stay here?'' he asked with a very suspicious look in his eyes.

''Yeah,I know this is not the safest place to stay but don't worry I am moving out tomorrow.''

''Good to know.So I guess this is goodbye.''

''Yeah,I guess.Bye I will see you soon.''

''Bye and sure yes I will see you again.''

For a second I don't know why but parting with him felt very wrong but I put that feeling behind me and made my way towards the door.After opening the door as I turned around to close it I saw that he stayed till I reached inside safely. I gave him a little wave and saw as he drove past.I slowly closed the door and went inside kicking my shoes off I almost collapsed on the couch.He was cute but never in a million times he would want to date someone like me. Sighing I made my way towards the bedroom.It was a long day.