And They Were Gone

'We need to get out of here!' Cheryl shouted, after closing her apartment door.

Toni was sat on the sofa on her phone, she looked up immediately when the redhead walked in and turned the light on.

'He's going to find the picture of me, he already was in the shed you were hiding in by the lake,' she cried, beginning to gather up her belongings.

She heard Toni jump off the couch and head into the bedroom, she came back with two big rucksacks, one pink and grey and one red and black.

Cheryl grabbed her red one and began to throw some clothes into it that were on the floor, in case something like this had happened.

'I thought that you becoming a cop would be a secure way for me to stay hidden, that's the whole reason you became one, isn't it?' Toni asked, fear in her voice at the prospect of running away again.

'I knew it would only buy us time, that sooner or later someone would find us out,' Cheryl replied.

She headed into the kitchen and grabbed four bottles of water, tossing two towards Toni, who caught them effortlessly and shoved them into her bag.

She also picked up a box of granola bars from the side that they had bought a while ago incase something like this were to happen.

'You ready?' Cheryl asked Toni. They had food, water and clothes.

'Yes, lets do this,' she replied, heading to the door.

And they were gone.

~~~

Author's Notes:

So what did you think of that ending?
Did you see it coming?
Thanks for the support on this book, I really appreciate it.
I think I might do a sequel in the future so we'll have to see 🤷‍♀️.