Acceptance

They both panted heavily as Zoro pulled out and lay beside his Captain.
"N-nice work, Zoro!" Luffy managed smiling.
"Yeah." Zoro breathed, bringing the rubber man closer to him with his large arms.
Luffy blushed but did not fight him. Zoro just had pulled the blanket over them when Nami stormed in.
"WHAT ON EARTH IS ALL THAT-?!" She was silenced by the scene that was laid out before her. "..oh..."
She backed away and then out as the two men chuckled and drifted off to sleep.
A few hours later Luffy awoke alone in the same bed as before. Zoro no where to be seen as he laid there. He tried to sit up but immediately regretted it as it sent pain through out his body. Not only the big gash in his side but his rear seemed to be more than enough to bound him to the bed.
After several minutes of laying there Zoro waltzed in with a frown and a big welt in the back of his head.
"DAMN IT!" He heard a familiar voice call from behind the green haired man.
"Stop your shouting, old man!" Zoro shot back as he moved further into the room.
"I will not unless you tell me a good reason for what you just did!" A red haired, one armed, scar-faced man walked into view.
"SHANKS!" Luffy bolted up again, forgetting his pain. He winced and laid back down, blushing.
"Hey, Luffy!" Shanks said moving over to the bed. "You feeling better?"
"I am fine! When did you get here!?" Luffy asked with a bright smile.
"Days ago, kid." He smiled until he turned to Zoro. "But this little shit has kept me from seeing you for a little longer."
Luffy blushed. "I am sorry."
Zoro looked down at his feet as Shanks yelled, "ITS NOT YOUR FAULT ITS THIS FUCKERS FAULT! By the way... Are you okay, Luffy??"
Luffy blushed, "I am fine!"
"I didn't force him!" Zoro shouted defensively.
"Oh, yeah, right!" Shanks responded angrily.
"H-he didn't. But if I knew you were here..." Luffy replied blushing embarrassingly.
"Oh... Well, don't apologize, son." Shanks smiled, "I am just glad you're okay. We can talk about this latter."
Zoro smiled too, "Me too. How about we get you some meat?"
Luffy's eyes brightened. "Yes!"
Shanks looked like he was about to say something else before he decided better of it and just said, "Help him get dressed and then come eat..." As he walked out of the room.
Zoro nodded to the back of Shanks.
"I can dress myself."
Zoro chuckled.
"Just watch me."
"Oh I will," Zoro laughed, stepping back.
Luffy puffed and sat up further moving the covers back. He blushed, remembering he was naked and swung he legs over the side of the bed. He took a deep breath before he tried to stand.
Gasping he fell. Zoro caught him quickly, "Just let me help you, Captain."
"I don't need help." Luffy protested.
"Yeah, you do." Zoro agued back.
Luffy sighed as he finally nodded and let Zoro help him back to the bed. Zoro frowned retrieving his captian's trousers, "I am sorry for what I did."
"Will you stop saying you're sorry!" Luffy fumed hitting his first mate in the arm.
"Ow!" Zoro rubbed his arm, "What was that for?"
Luffy balled his hands into fists as he looked up at the swordsman, "Everyone needs to stop saying they're sorry! I am not some defenseless kid."
Zoro's eyes widened in surprise, "...I didn't.. Mean to..."
"Well you guys did."
Zoro moved closer to him and placed a big hand on his captian's head, ruffling his black hair. "Well, how about we get you dressed and go eat. Okay?"
Luffy nodded, fighting back sadness with a mixture of anger.
Zoro grabbed a towel from beside the bed a wiped him down, blushing. "You don't want that cut infected," he said when Luffy started to protest. Luffy blushed but shut up and watched as Zoro cleaned him and then helped him cloth himself.
Several minutes later, Zoro was helping Luffy stand and shrug on a new, non cut vest.
"Gosh!" Luffy complained, "Don't be so mean."
"I am not trying to be." Zoro grumbled, slight irritation obvious in his voice.
Luffy sighed as Zoro buttoned his vest's buttons. "You know I-"
"I know..." Zoro smiled finishing the last button. "I can too." He winked at the younger man and helped him walk.
"You know I could carry you..." Zoro offered when Luffy seemed to be struggling.
"I know!" Luffy back talked, "But I don't want them looking at me even worse."
"Why would they... Oh..." Zoro frowned and then chuckled, "Sorry about that. We gave them quite a show though. Huh?" He looked to Luffy as if it was a brilliant joke but didn't get the response he wanted.
Luffy glared at him, "Not funny, Zoro."
"Sorry..." Zoro frowned and remained quite as they moved to the kitchen.

Sanji was cooking up some stir fry when the two stumbled in. "Finally awake, huh?" The cook asked slightly irritated.
"Y-yeah." Luffy smiled, trying to break the ice.
"Well sit down, I'll feed you. It's my job to feed anyone who's hungry." Sanji laughed, "Which is you, always."
Luffy giggled, "You got that right."
Shanks sat at the far end of the table nursing a pint of ale, "So... Besides all this mess, what have you been up to, kid?"
Luffy began telling his old friend stories. About this and that. About Sky Island and how he managed to get the best crew members to join.
Shanks laughed, "You don't have the best yet, that would still be me!"
"Nah, old man!" Luffy argued.
They two went at it was Sanji placed bowl after bowl in front of Luffy.
"Damn, Captain. I know you were out for a few days, but if I keep feeding you our storage is gonna run dry." Sanji said as he placed an entire ham in front of the boy.
Luffy giggled stuffing the entire thing in his mouth, "Sorry. I was just so hungry!" He burped patting his over sized stomach, "Thanks for the meal, Sanji."
"Always, Captain." Sanji nodded and lit a cigaret as he moved out of the kitchen.
"You sure have a good cook, Luffy." Shanks admitted.
"Told you. I have the best crew." The Straw Hat Captain said triumphantly.
"I wouldn't be so sure." The older man pressed.
"Why not?" Luffy asked.
Shanks gestured to the green haired man, who had wondered over to the corner, and was now sleeping, as the two carried out their lengthy conversation.
Luffy sighed, "He's the best swordsman alive, Shanks."
"No, he's not."
"Then who is?" Luffy grew irritated.
"Hawkeye?" Shanks suggested.
"Don't even mention him..." Luffy grew angry. 'Last time I saw that dude was when he left Zoro in a big, cut up mess.' The boy thought angrily, slamming his fists onto the table.
"Sorry... I am just saying, there are other people out there-"
"No." Luffy interrupted. "There's no other swordsman I want."
Zoro had opened his eyes at this point and was silently listening to the other two talk.
"I just-" Shanks began.
"You just don't like him because of what we did." Luffy fumed.
"I just want what's best for-"
"And that's Zoro, Shanks."
"But-"
"I know your looking out for me but... You're going around it the wrong way. You're not my dad."
Shanks eyes widened, slightly hurt by the last part. "I know I am not your father, Luffy. But I would like to think I am important to you. Like you are to me."
"I am not saying you're not! You're better than any dad... It's just I don't need you're approval of who I let on my ship." Luffy's hands were tight, whitening knuckle fists against the table.
"I know..." Shanks looked at the boy seriously taking him in, "I guess I still think of you as that little kid I gave my straw hat to. Ya know? You're grown now... It's hard to take in."
Luffy looked at him, "I am not a kid."
"And I know that."
"Then why? I can do what I want, Shanks." Luffy grew impatient.
"I am sorry. I didn't mean to offend. It just surprised me. I don't disapprove of anything you do... You... Make me proud no matter what, Luffy."
Luffy looked up from his hands and a tear slipped from one eye. He smiled brightly, "I am glad."
Zoro smiled in the corner, going back to sleep as he thought: 'Me too.'