Part 14: Prevaricate

"Can I hug you one last time? Just like the old times?"

And even before I could decline, he pulled me in for a hug.

"See? I told you she's a gold digger."

I quickly pushed Sir Henry when I heard a familiar voice. It was Mrs. Ramirez with Baekhyun.

I saw the pain in his eyes.

"Babe, I can explain. Please hear me out."

"No thanks. And sorry for disturbing your sweet time. Have a nice day."

He said and walked away.

I closed my eyes tightly and swore a little. Why did you have to see us in that position? It was nothing but a farewell hug but of course, for someone who's already in doubt, it may appear as a damn confirmation.

"No, please." I said.

I need to follow him and explain everything. This is just a misunderstanding. We can fix this. I can fix this.

I was about to follow him when someone pulled my hair.

"Where do you think you're going? Hindi pa tayo tapos! (We're not yet done!)" It was Mrs. Ramirez, the person who ruined my life.

I glared at her and started walking away but she pulled my hair once again. And at that very moment, I knew I reached my boiling point so I slapped her. Hard. Too hard that she fell on the ground.

"Touch me once again with your filthy hands and I swear you'll regret messing with me, damn you!" I shouted.

Mrs. Ramirez looked stunned. She stood up slowly while touching her face. She was glaring at me.

"I'll sue you, bitch!"

"See you in court then. Sue me for all I care!"

We are already catching the attention of some passerby so I quickly walked away from the scene. I am so pissed and my mind is a mess right now to think about her and her threats.

I ran fast wanting to reach our hotel room immediately. I know we'll be okay once he heard my side of the story. He's a rational man so I know that he'll hear me out. Yes, that right, we'll be okay.

A minute on the elevator felt like an hour. As soon as the elevator door opened, I ran fast to my room.

--------------------

BYUN BAEKHYUN'S POV

Today is the day that we'll fly to the Philippines. I insisted on coming with her not because I want to, but because I want to keep an eye on her. I know I am being unreasonable but what can I do? After seeing all those photos, I just can't keep that in my mind. I always want her near me, I always want to make sure that she's within my reach. I don't want to lose her.

Few weeks ago, someone named Hilda sent me an email. I don't know how in the world she got my email. What was it about? She narrated that she's the one who filed the case against Y/N. She did it out of revenge. Because she is her victim. She said that she seduced her husband who's Y/N's boss, Henry.