PROLOGUE

I do not own the song, the characters, and pictures. I just edited the pictures. However this story is mine, and please do not copy it. Be original.
Song: Walk On Water
Artist: Thirty Second to Mars
Chapter Name: Prologue
__________________________________________________________________________________

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V

Life growing up wasn't easy for Izuku Midoriya. Being in the majority of people who would never develop a quirk really fucked him up in the head—not that he would ever admit that; he's too sweet of a teenager to ever blame anyone for what happened to him.

Except, maybe Katsuki Bakugou.

And who could blame him?

Even today, the two still have an interesting relationship. Izuku tries so hard to get along with his blonde classmate, but never seems to say the correct thing. He never knows why Kacchan acts the way he does, but Midoriya always has the same, freakishly terrifying gut feeling that something about the blonde's behavior isn't normal. It's almost as if Katsuki's trying to get his attention.

The two boys are like race horses, fighting for the top spot for something; Izuku just doesn't know what. Appreciation? Attention? Honor? Bravery? What is it?

Whatever it is, Izuku is determined to give Katsuki a run for his money. After all, Kacchan would literally kill him if he didn't try his hardest. They are true rivals now—at least in the greenette's mind they are.

He loves Kacchan like a brother. They grew up together, as their parents were extremely close back then. Even if their relationship is more toxic than normal. It's just in Izuku's blood to love, that's who he is. No one can take that away from him, not even a livid Bakugou with an 1000/10 attitude. The greenette has learned to deal with Katsuki's rudeness over the years. Whenever they fight, it's just a normal part of their relationship.

So when Izuku finds himself in the 1A dorms currently arguing with Kacchan for the third time that day, nothing strikes him as abnormal. And by arguing, Izuku means just himself getting screamed at by the explosive teen.

Satou sweatdrops as he hears Bakugou yell and complain about Midoriya. It's not like he hasn't heard them fight before, it's just exhausting to keep up will all their drama. He continues cooking his red velvet cake, which he's baking for his mother's birthday.

Sero and Hagakure just shut the blonde's yelling out as they reach the most exciting peak of their card game—which really isn't all that exciting. Sero just rolls his eyes as his explosive friend starts to shout louder than before, and places down a plus-four card, making Hagakure pout in annoyance.

Kaminari, Jirou, and Todoroki all plug their ears and try to focus on the anime they're binge watching together. They watch the characters all engage in a wizard fight, as the main female protagonist is kidnapped by a water mage. The screen then flips to a pink haired boy with his flying blue cat companion chasing after a guy that's basically a clone of Tetsutetsu. His voice sounds the exact same as well. But unfortunately, the sound is blocked out by Katsuki starting to rage even louder.

Kouda lightly covers his bunny's ears, making sure the animal isn't too scared by the background noise from his angry classmate yelling. He softly pets the animal, desperately hoping the Bakugou will calm down. Spoiler alert, he doesn't.

But all are shocked when Midoriya snaps. He starts roaring back at Bakugou with fierce intentions.

Sero and Hagakure quickly abandon their game and jog up to the two teenagers. The two are now in a shouting match, making Tooru back away a little in shock. Never before has she seen Izuku this angry. It's a littler unnerving. Sero gently grabs her hand, calming her a tiny bit. Katsuki and Izuku are saying some things that sound like absolute nonsense to everyone listening.

"GOD DAMNIT, DEKU, YOU ARE SO FUCKING ANNOYING!" The blonde booms.

"YEAH, I GET THAT A LOT! THANKS. BUT IF I'M BEING HONEST, KACCHAN, YOU SHOULD LOOK IN A MIRROR." Izuku swiftly snaps back.

Katsuki pauses for a moment, as to not say something he would forever regret. He sighs, and continues, "If I were you, I'd watch your mouth, Deku." The way that Katsuki states the sentence is freezing cold, making even Satou shiver from besides the toasty oven.

"Yeah, I'M the one who needs to watch their attitude. 'You know if you really wanna be a hero that badly, there actually might be another way. Just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life. Then take a swan dive off the roof of the building.' Sound familiar, Kacchan?"

The air freezes along with all the occupants of the room. They all stare straight at Midoriya, who's expression instantly changes to one of regret.

Tears start to pool in Izuku's eyes, as he covers his mouth after what he had just blurted out. He hesitantly looks up at Kacchan face, hoping to see that he really didn't blurt that out, and that what he said was just in his head. But luck really isn't on Izuku's side, as he sees Katsuki's face is frozen still.

That's when Izuku realizes, he fucked up.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you guys really like this book! Thank you for reading!