Teamwork

+ As you can see, I'm spending a lot of time doing digital art. But I drew Iris' ninja outfit here^ and then her hair and such down there v. And yes, I was heavily inspired by the Fire Nation clothing from ATLA. Enjoy. :)

***

***

Aiko dragged me into the house with Hideki, who was struggling with all of the grocery bags, trailing behind us. The entrance was the exact same as I remembered. No new furniture or decor, though I did notice a few new pictures of Aiko and Hideki together. Aiko sat me down onto the couch while her son made his way to the kitchen, fumbling with the bags on his way.

"Oh, I've missed you so much," Aiko says with a wide smile.

"Awe, me too," I reply, returning the same expression.

"Sorry, I didn't even know you were coming back. Or if you even were." She looked down at the ground with a sad expression before looking up at me with a bright smile. "But you're here! And I couldn't be any happier."

I beamed at her. "Same here. It feels great to be back here. It feels so nostalgic, you know?"

I noticed Aiko examining my clothes strangely. "You're dressed just like those island girls. Where have you been all this time?"

"On Yuko island. It's a great place. I was living with this man named Masaru and he taught me so much. I'm kind of missing him now. I hear a dramatic "Hmph" come from Aiko. She turned away from me with her lips pursed and her chin pointing upwards. "Are-are you jealous or something?"

She looked in the opposite direction of me. "Perhaps. It's just that I should've been the one teaching you during those few years, that's all."

"Awe, how sweet." I say, elongating the 'awe'. I wrap my arms around Aiko and give her a squeeze. "Well, I'm here now and you have all the time in the world to teach me your famous poisons." She smiles at me and rests a hand on my arm.

"I know. I finally get to see you grow as a ninja." My eyes widened as I remembered that I was supposed to be meeting up with my team to battle Kakashi sensei.

"Oh shoot! I'm supposed to meet up with my team pretty soon and I have like, nothing ninja related."

"I still have all of your ninja gear. Even you headband. But I don't think your clothes are going to be much help to you right now." She looked at me with admiration, seeing my growth from a young girl to a teenager. "I believe this means we have to go shopping. Just like the old days."

I smiled at her. "I think that's a good idea. Hideki, we're going shopping!" I call out while making my way out the door.

"you're leaving me to pack out all these groceries?!" He calls back out from the kitchen.

"Yes!" Aiko and I yell in unison as we made our way out of the door.

***

Aiko and I made a speedy trip to some clothing shops and a weapons store to buy some brand new ninja tools. I picked out tops that exposed my shoulder blades, as to not have any more good clothes become ruined after summoning Sanka. I got a skirt and short tights to match the red and burgendy top I chose, still being stuck in my fashionable ways on Yuko island, along with tall black ninja boots that protected my shins.. I also picked up a cute arm bracelet I saw and immediately knew I wanted. As soon as we got home, I ran into my old room which didn't change at all.