Chapter 5

It has been a few days since the match and talk about the bludger's being bewitched has calm down. But Malfoy has been taughnting me non stop. It was really starting to get on my nerves. But I always kept my cool even though I wanted to deck him. Instead I would be seen in the library doing research on Salazar Slytherin. There I found out his most recent descendent was Tom Riddle. There I found out he got an award fifty years ago for doing a "great" service to the school. After that I couldn't find much on him. And as I did this I made notes of what I found. But this was as far as I got because of quidditch and school.

During one weekend a notice was posted saying there was going to be a dueling club. I signed up along with everyone one else. Later on that week after classes the first dual club meeting was taking place. As everyone was waiting for the professor or professors who will teach us how to duel. "I hope it's not Lockhart." I whispered to my friends and brother. Ron and Harry looked at me with smiles and nodded. While Hermione looked offended by what I said.

"Lockhart would be the best to teach us Violetta." She tried to defend him while me, Ron and Harry snorted. We didn't besides Hermione believe anything he said he's done. And the proof to that was on the day we had his class for the first time. But Hermione wouldn't believe it so we didn't try and persuade her. Just then Lockhart came into the Great Hall where the meeting was being held.

He said he was going to demonstrate with Snape and promised that we would still have our potion professor. But I knew it was the other way around. And like I predicted Snape blasted Lockhart into the wall behind him. Lockhart tried to prove he "let" Snape do it on purpose but I didn't believe him at all.

Lockhart called Harry and Ron up to duel. But Snape shot him done and had Malfoy come up to duel Harry. Their banter was funny and if I'm not wrong I saw Fred and George making bets on who would win. I rolled my eyes and looked at who just came to stand next to me cause Hermione wanted to get closer to Lockhart. It was Justin. I smiled him and he smiled back then the duel began. It was really cool to watch. They were sending spells at each other that was knocking the other over. Until Malfoy sent a snake at Harry. It landed in front of me and Justin. I was rooted to the spot because of my fear of snakes. Which is all thanks to Dudley since he thought it would be funny to slip a snake into my hair and blouse when I was four years old.

Let's just say I have never liked being near snakes unless they are in a cage of some sort. Anyways that snake was staring at me and Justin. I was pale with fear while shaking. My hair had turned ice blue and the tips were teal because how nervous I am. It started to rise which meant it was getting ready to strike. I knew I was getting paler by the second and I wasn't breathing. Ron tried to help me by pulling me away but I was rooted to the spot. Then what I hadn't heard since before Hogwarts Harry spoke to the snake. It didn't sound good which caused me to shake harder. Then Snape finally got rid of it. I was so shaken that I was dizzy and could barely walk straight. The Weasley twins took me to the tower and made sure I went up to the girl dorms.

Later after I had changed and was in bed reading to calm myself Hermione came up. She looked around and saw I was the only one in the dorm. She walked over and sat next to me. "Violetta can you tell me why you are so shaken by the incident at the dueling club that you haven't said a word since?" I shook my head not trusting my voice to not sound shrill and terrified. She sighed and understood this was a very sensitive topic almost to the point that I would never talk about it. After she left I pulled the curtains on my four poster bed closed and opened the locket.