Smoke gets in your eyes

" You can't stop change anymore than you can stop the suns from setting... Shmi Skywalker

Smoke rose in the air and drifted towards the village. A alarm was sounded and everyone came running to put out the fire that was quickly engulfing the Masters home.
                 Pearl was frantically crying in her mothers arms. She knew her father and Ammon were still in there!
       They were able to grab a robe for Pearl before they were forced outside, but the wedding dress was left behind. The wind was blowing hard against their faces, causing the flames to leap higher. Pearls other siblings found their mother and stood clinging to each other , watching the flames claim their home.
           A feeling of overwhelming relief overcame them when Ammon and Ben came stumbling out, coughing and a little bit singed but alive.

             Both women ran into their men's arms crying together, then Ben reached out his strong arms and encircled his entire family, including Ammon. They were all safe. Thank the Force!

Ammon POV

             The feeling of being in a loving family takes my breath away. I want this feeling for my brothers too but I haven't seen them in weeks.
            I hear Pearls sobs and see her struggling to get out of her fathers arms. "My dress! I left my dress inside. I need it!"
I don't think twice before I grab the wet towel off the ground and wrap myself in it then dash back inside the burning home.
         More screams come behind me as I dash back into the house.
           How I knew where it go I'll never know, but all I can say is that the Force lead my footsteps towards Pearls room.
            It was thankfully at the back of the house, the farthest away from the fire.
   I quickly grab the dress and the box on the bed. Then I see the Jedi text on a desk. Pearl must have been studying them. I can't leave them here to burn so I grab them to. I'm cut off from the door as flames flash down the hall way. The only way out is literally though a wall. With one hand I ignite my saber and slice a hole through the wood. Charging at it, I slam my shoulder into the wall and brake through, landing roughly on the ground.

           Rain has started coming down in sheets helping, mercifully, to put out the fire.
        Ammon took large gulps of clean air. His hair was a little singed but he was alright. Pearl ran up to him and threw herself on top of him, crying and laughing.
       He would do anything for her , even run through a burning building . He would risk everything for her, sacrifice his body for her. She only needed to ask.
    He knew in his heart she would do the same for him. Today is their wedding day! Nothing and no one is going to stop it from happening.